Blueprint Book - Blueprints Return to inventory instead of parent book.

Bugs that are actually features.
zaonite
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Blueprint Book - Blueprints Return to inventory instead of parent book.

Post by zaonite »

Hi guys,

Currently using version [0.17.57].

Step by step;

I select the desired blueprint book, open it and obtain the desired blueprint. I place blueprint on the map to construct desired element and then press Q, to get rid of the blueprint from the cursor. I would expect the blueprint to return to the book that I got it from, however that blueprint then becomes its own item in my inventory and disappears from the book. I then have to put the print back into the book for future use.

For reference, it's a blueprint book that I got from a friend. However this same issue occurs with blueprint books that I have created too.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Blueprint Book - Blueprints Return to inventory instead of parent book.

Post by tehfreek »

You don't need to remove the blueprint from the book in order to use it. Holding the book and pressing Shift-Scroll will change the page in use.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that's working as intended. You removed the blueprint from the book and now it's removed from the book. if you want it back in the book you have to put it back in the book.

Similar to taking some item out of a chest the game is not going to put it back into the chest automatically.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

zaonite
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by zaonite »

The point was to highlight that the behaviour isn’t intuitive. When I take an item from the inventory, place it and then press Q to free up my cursor the item returns to the same position that I found it within my inventory.
I feel like this should be the same with blueprints taken from books; hence the report 👍🏻

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

zaonite wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:26 pm
The point was to highlight that the behaviour isn’t intuitive. When I take an item from the inventory, place it and then press Q to free up my cursor the item returns to the same position that I found it within my inventory.
I feel like this should be the same with blueprints taken from books; hence the report 👍🏻
Only your player inventory. It doesn't do that for assembling machines, chests, cars, or anything except the player.

Regardless, you explicitly took the item out of the book and that's exactly what happened.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”