[0.17.56] Blueprint cut and paste ignores modules

Bugs that are actually features.
thuejk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.56] Blueprint cut and paste ignores modules

Post by thuejk »

When using a blueprint to overbuild a build with existing structures with internal configurations, such as prioritized splitters or assembling machines with recipes, the blueprint will copy the internal configuration. The blueprint shows up as blue and not red when hovering it, semantically showing that the blueprint can be successfully completely placed in that position.

However, there is one case where such a blueprint overbuild will not result in a complete placement: modules. If a blueprint containing modules is placed over an assembler not containing modules, the blueprint with place without warning, but the modules will not be scheduled to be inserted. This can't be the intended behavior.

Apart from being functionally inconsistent, fixing this would be really helpful. I often want to configure a row of assemblers with modules, and right now I have to place the modules manually.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.56] Blueprint cut and paste ignores modules

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that is intended behavior. There is no logical way for the game to know that clicking a blueprint over an entity means "add these modules to the entity". Modules are not a 0/1 system like recipes where the game can know that exactly what's in the blueprint is what should be in the world.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”