[Dominik][0.17.55] Crash on loading certain saves (goes away with mod downgrade)

Bugs that are actually features.
Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Dominik][0.17.55] Crash on loading certain saves (goes away with mod downgrade)

Post by Blokus »

This is unfortunately far from a minimal example, but I attach a crash log and save. I apologize if this is duplicated somewhere. Also this is updated through Steam. Relevant: I was able to load this same save before updating to 17.55 from 17.54, but rolling back to 17.54 and also to 17.52 didn't enable it to be loaded. So perhaps I need a full reinstall? However I have some older saves from this run that can load. I can include those if need be.

Edit: removing Advanced Underground Piping removes the crash, though in this particular save it promptly triggers a different (expected) crash due to a modded circuit network entity referring to a now-nonexistent entity.

Further edit: downgrading Advanced Underground Piping to its previous version also removes the crash, so this is probably the mod's fault. Still leaving this in case it is of interest, since it does trigger a core game crash, not a mod crash.
Attachments
py with pyph fork 53.zip
(28.94 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
factorio-current.log
(38.67 KiB) Downloaded 47 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.55] Crash on loading certain saves (goes away with mod downgrade)

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however the log file doesn't show any crash. Maybe you uploaded the wrong log file?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.55] Crash on loading certain saves (goes away with mod downgrade)

Post by Blokus »

My bad, I guess I did upload the wrong file. I don't have the exact save above anymore (I overwrote it after finding the workaround). I updated the mod to trigger the crash again and then attached another save and log that actually shows the crash. (This time I double checked...)
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(44.11 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
py with pyph fork 53.zip
(28.95 MiB) Downloaded 55 times

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Dominik][0.17.55] Crash on loading certain saves (goes away with mod downgrade)

Post by Dominik »

The mod changes probably fix it because it triggers migration and that fixes a lot of stuff.

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Dominik][0.17.55] Crash on loading certain saves (goes away with mod downgrade)

Post by Blokus »

Staplergun figured it out, he had a bug that caused some of his modded pipes to get rotated during migration. Presumably in my base this caused fluid mixing or something like that. Not your problem. :)

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

Ok, good to know.
We generally want to avoid crashes anyway, but since the crash is actually a failed consistency check and it found a mod bug, i think it's good to leave as is.

Return to “Not a bug”