[0.17.54] Construction Bots Not Completing Jobs

Bugs that are actually features.
Rebmes
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.17.54] Construction Bots Not Completing Jobs

Post by Rebmes »

Hi, I've recently unlocked Construction Bots and got some (3) personal roboports, and 40 construction robots in my inventory.

I was copy and pasting some inserters and chests by a rail, when I realized that not everything was being built (inserter / chest / power pole missing here and there). I have all the items, and there's no ready explanation. I have logged in just now, pasted down a set of what I was building when this happened, and the problem was reproduced. You can see the ghost power pole and light, while everything else was placed successfully as a copy of what's to the left of my character.
delete me.png
delete me.png (2.51 MiB) Viewed 1237 times

Then, I placed the lamp and pole, and took a fresh copy, and pasted the setup a couple of times along the rail. The result, is that there are still ghosts that my construction robots have no intention of dealing with, despite everything else being built nice and quick.
delete me 2.png
delete me 2.png (3.66 MiB) Viewed 1237 times
delete me 3.png
delete me 3.png (348.89 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
I have attached my log, and my save file. As you can imagine, this 100% makes bots unusable at the moment, since I can't go around filling in ghosts in any kind of larger copy and paste operation, nor would I be likely to even find all the ghosts. Thanks for taking the time to look at it, and I hope I'm just being dumb and there's no fixing to be done!
Attachments
FactorioN.zip
(13.59 MiB) Downloaded 66 times
factorio-current.log
(5.21 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

th0
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17.54] Construction Bots Not Completing Jobs

Post by th0 »

Is the area where you are building supplied by a stationary roboport? In that case, any build request exceeding your original 40 robots will be handled by your logistic system, which might take much longer.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

You have some robots on the other side of the map that are trying to catch up to you. Those are the ones assigned to build those ghosts, so you will have to wait until those bots catch up to you and then those bots will build the ghosts. You can see this by turning this debug option:
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

th0 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:37 pm
Is the area where you are building supplied by a stationary roboport? In that case, any build request exceeding your original 40 robots will be handled by your logistic system, which might take much longer.
Nope.

I can kind of reproduce; one interesting thing to note is that there are a few items left in my inventory, but when I craft more of them, the newly crafted items are placed by the bots (although the few old ones are not).

Edit: see Bilka's post. No idea why crafting would change anything though.

Edit 2: can confirm that letting the bots get back uses the rest of the items in your inventory. Crafting new items helps some because there were not enough items in my inventory to finish placing it, so crafting those would be assigned to bots in my inventory.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Rebmes
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rebmes »

Thank you all so much!

I'll definitely have to be more careful with my personal bots, as it's easy to hop on a train and leave them far behind >.<

Return to “Not a bug”