Screenshot from 2019-06-09 08-08-09.png
Screenshot from 2019-06-09 08-08-09.png (440.12 KiB) Viewed 1677 times

Don't know if this is intentional, but i like the .45 version of it

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.47]Freeplay message style regression

Post by eradicator »

Ah yes. I forgot to report this yesterday. :)
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: ζ—₯本θͺž, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

honestly, for me new style messages were unreadable, while oldstyle are much better.

wheybags
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by wheybags »

This is intentional, the fact that they changed in earlier version of 0.17 was due to technical restrictions meaning we had only one style available.
The black outlined style is exclusively for compilatron, so it is no longer used in freeplay.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Hm. I can't shake the feeling that the old one looks "less polished" though. Maybe it's just because i know that it is "old". I kinda liked how the new one was "wider" and had a seperate color for the <tab> key component to highlight that it's not part of the text. Also the dark color scheme had a less sharp contrast with with the surrounding ground tiles.
mexmer wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:58 am
honestly, for me new style messages were unreadable, while oldstyle are much better.
Font size? Contrast?
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

eradicator wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:43 pm
Hm. I can't shake the feeling that the old one looks "less polished" though. Maybe it's just because i know that it is "old". I kinda liked how the new one was "wider" and had a seperate color for the <tab> key component to highlight that it's not part of the text. Also the dark color scheme had a less sharp contrast with with the surrounding ground tiles.
Font size? Contrast?
Its the contrast for me, it's an eyesore the new style.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Font size? Contrast?
especialy contrast combined with thin font is bad. maybe if letters were double thickness it would be better, but i still like 0.16 style more. it's much easier to read.

only downside of old style is, that you can't emphasize keys, like it is in white on black style.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:15 am
Font size? Contrast?
especialy contrast combined with thin font is bad. maybe if letters were double thickness it would be better, but i still like 0.16 style more. it's much easier to read.

only downside of old style is, that you can't emphasize keys, like it is in white on black style.
Yea, the letters are really small in the new style. I think what bothers me most about the old one is the dark -> bright -> dark contrast. If the background (i.e. the world) was bright too (like in a pdf) i might've liked it better.

Return to β€œNot a bug”