[0.17.43] Trains not refulled

Bugs that are actually features.
der-dave.com
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.43] Trains not refulled

Post by der-dave.com »

Hello together,

I found a new bug. My train in the station is not automatically refulled.
What happened before?
Train was driving as long as it has fuel. Luckily the train arrived the station and then run out of fuel. Also I got an alert on the map so I noticed this problem. I build a chest and an inserter and dropped some fuel in the chest but the inserter didnt do anything. The fuel bar of the train is also completely empty (looks so, maybe on pixel left? I cant see this, look attachment)
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG (20.49 KiB) Viewed 2428 times
If you need I can provide you a save where I am standing right infront of the train so you can maybe have a look on the problem if you dont exactly understand my meaning here. But the save is 50 MB thats why I didnt attached it right now.

To fix this issue i removed the train and rebuild it. Then all worked fine.

Thank you :)

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.43] Trains not refulled

Post by tehfreek »

Can you duplicate the issue in a new game?

wobbycarly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wobbycarly »

Is it because the train was still in automatic mode, but hadn't parked completely at the station? As I understand it, inserters will not interact with a train in this condition. Switching to manual mode may have activated the inserter.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

wobbycarly wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 11:24 pm
Is it because the train was still in automatic mode, but hadn't parked completely at the station? As I understand it, inserters will not interact with a train in this condition. Switching to manual mode may have activated the inserter.
This

der-dave.com
Inserter
Inserter

Post by der-dave.com »

tehfreek wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 9:59 pm
Can you duplicate the issue in a new game?
I dont think so, would be very hard because this wouldnt happen often. I think ist a very special case.
wobbycarly wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 11:24 pm
Hmmmm, but this would be very difficult to see. I have a screenshot for you :)
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG (395.32 KiB) Viewed 2362 times
Looks like its correct standing at/in the station.

But after switching from automatic to manual mode and back again to automatic it was refilled (same like removing the Train and replacing it with new one). So, in normal gameplay all correct from player side, so im Posting this as a bug :)

der-dave.com
Inserter
Inserter

Post by der-dave.com »

Hello all,

even if the train is reaching the station without fuel and just coasts (need to tranlate the word) the station ist still a bug because teh station was reached and the Train could be refilled by the inserter.

Remember it in real life: You are reahcing the gas station without fuel bgut coasts it. You still can refuel it :)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

der-dave.com wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:09 pm
Hello all,

even if the train is reaching the station without fuel and just coasts (need to tranlate the word) the station ist still a bug because teh station was reached and the Train could be refilled by the inserter.

Remember it in real life: You are reahcing the gas station without fuel bgut coasts it. You still can refuel it :)
In that scenario the train will not enter "arrived at station" and so it still will not refuel.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

der-dave.com
Inserter
Inserter

Post by der-dave.com »

Rseding91 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:04 pm
In that scenario the train will not enter "arrived at station" and so it still will not refuel.
Ok, thank you for explanation :)

Return to “Not a bug”