[0.17.37] Ghosts of modded offshore pumps don't use correct fluid

Bugs that are actually features.
Arcitos
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.37] Ghosts of modded offshore pumps don't use correct fluid

Post by Arcitos »

Hello,
i encountered a serious problem with modded offshore pumps: If an offshore pump produces any fluid but water, the ghost of this modded offshore pump will nevertheless show "water" as fluid output. This causes some trouble since the inception of the new fluid mixing prevention logic, because those pumps wont connect to their pipelines as expected.
How to reproduce
For this short demo, we need a custom offshore pump that produces lubricant. Just add some code like the following:

Code: Select all

local test_pump_entity = table.deepcopy(data.raw["offshore-pump"]["offshore-pump"])
test_pump_entity.name = "test-pump"
test_pump_entity.fluid = "lubricant"
local test_pump_item = table.deepcopy(data.raw.item["offshore-pump"])
test_pump_item.name = "test-pump"
test_pump_item.place_result = "test-pump"
test_pump_entity.minable.result = "test-pump"
data:extend({
	test_pump_entity,
	test_pump_item
})
Step 1
Start a new game and give yourself one of the "test-pump" items via command. If selected, put this item in cursor. The cursor ghost wrongly displays "water" as production fluid:

Step 2
Place the modded "test-pump" entity at a suitable place. The placed entity still has a "water" icon above itself:

Step 3
Place a pipe in front of the pump, so that the pipe connects to the pump. After placing the pipe, the output fluid of the pump is suddenly updated and shows now the correct fluid:

Step 4
Add some more pipes. The pipes are reserved for lubricant/the modded pump's production fluid. If you now try to put a new modded pump adjacent to the reserved pipes, the pump is NOT connected to the pipe network, despite producing the correct fluid:

I would be very glad if you could fix this, as this is currently breaking some of my blueprints. Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Arcitos

AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.37] Ghosts of modded offshore pumps don't use correct fluid

Post by AmatorPhasma »

On my modded offshore-pumps this works correct

But I have also set:

offshore_pump.fluid_box.filter = "apm_sea_water"
not only:

offshore_pump.fluid = "apm_sea_water"

Arcitos
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17.37] Ghosts of modded offshore pumps don't use correct fluid

Post by Arcitos »

AmatorPhasma wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:51 pm
On my modded offshore-pumps this works correct

But I have also set:

offshore_pump.fluid_box.filter = "apm_sea_water"
[...]
TIL...
I wrongly assumed that changes to the fluid output will automatically change the fluidbox filter as well. The mod i use for this did not change the fluidbox filter of the vanilla offshore pump accordingly, but after changing the fluidbox filter in data stage, everything works as intended.

Thank you AmatorPhasma, this helped me alot!

Return to “Not a bug”