[0.17.37] Modded / non standard entities are not available in upgrade planner

Bugs that are actually features.
ethernal
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.37] Modded / non standard entities are not available in upgrade planner

Post by ethernal »

When using upgrade planner it is not possible to upgrade from entity that normally does not have a second tier level. In case of Alien Loot Economy Mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/alien-module it's solar panels. For simplicity sake I would like to upgrade all my existing standard solar panels to alien solar panels - this is not possible.

I am not sure if this can/should be fixed by mod author or if it's possible for upgrade planner to detect items loaded by mods and see on what base entities they depend/extend and allow items to be upgraded.

Should I attach log as it seems very unlikely that it will help.

To reproduce: Setup vanilla with alien loot economy and try to use upgrade planner - solar panels cannot be selected.

PS. for some reason Alien Loot interferes with Campaign - I'll add another report for that.
Attachments
There should be Solar Panels and Accumulators here
There should be Solar Panels and Accumulators here
factorio-upgrade-planner-items-list.png (96.25 KiB) Viewed 1461 times

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.37] Modded / non standard entities are not available in upgrade planner

Post by Bilka »

The mod author has to set a fast replaceable group on the entity. Not a bug.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

ethernal
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17.37] Modded / non standard entities are not available in upgrade planner

Post by ethernal »

Any way I can fix this as I don't quite understand an example would be great I can deal with the rest.

ethernal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ethernal »

OK figured it out and it works. Thanks for the info.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Enough?

Code: Select all

data.raw.furnace["electric-furnace-2"].next_upgrade = "electric-furnace-3" 

Return to “Not a bug”