[0.17.23] Keybindings don't recognize s + d + escape

Bugs that are actually features.
danielkwinsor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.23] Keybindings don't recognize s + d + escape

Post by danielkwinsor »

Using qwerty keyboard.
Holding down s + d to run southeast. While holding that down, hitting the escape key to try to get the game menu GUI, but it doesn't come up.
Running NE, SW, NW and hitting escape all work fine to bring up the game menu GUI. Running either S or E individually and hitting escape all work fine.
Running SE and hitting e for inventory works fine.
I have no modifier keys active (ctrl, alt, etc), no keybinding changes from default (never had).
This is very strange as I have never had this problem.

Edit: Tried changing batteries on keyboard, restarting factorio, etc, to no avail. Reluctant to try a restart of the OS.

Edit: running SE with inventory open, then hitting escape to close inventory GUI does not work either.
Last edited by danielkwinsor on Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

coderpatsy
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.17.23] Keybindings don't recognize s + d + escape

Post by coderpatsy »

To be clear, can you press that combination and get results outside of Factorio? Some keyboards have physical limits of how they recognize simultaneous button presses, due to their underlying design.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Does this work in other games or applications?
I could not reproduce this. It is probably limitation of your keyboard, due to its internal wireing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollover_%28key%29)

EDIT: @coderpatsy beat me to it :)

danielkwinsor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by danielkwinsor »

Bug report can be rejected.
I confirm that it doesn't work in 1 other game, therefore it's something with my keyboard right now. I reported this as a bug because I've played ...352... hours (same keyboard) and only just now noticed this incident, which led me to believe it was a new fault in the game / my keyboard.

Return to “Not a bug”