[0.17.22] Red X and Flashing Gear Icon On Cliff Tile After Deconstruction

Bugs that are actually features.
rockaday
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.22] Red X and Flashing Gear Icon On Cliff Tile After Deconstruction

Post by rockaday »

I used Cut to send out my construction robots to remove a mining operation that had been mined out. Since then there has been a red 'X' in one block on the area, and a flashing gear icon on the minimap in that spot. I cannot see how to get rid of those things, the red 'X' appears to be on a cliff tile. I would have expected a red X and a flashing gear icon to only appear on something I had control over.

I was able to consistently reproduce the issue in 0.17.22 by performing a cut on a valid object (such as stone wall) where the cut box I draw contains several cliff tiles (see screenshots). Using "Undo" immediately after creating it appears to resolve the issue, but I don't think I can undo far enough back to remove the initial one I encountered in this game (I could put more effort into trying that though).

Please see attached screenshots to understand.

As a workaround I hid the minimap so I wouldn't be constantly distracted/annoyed by the flashing gear icon.

I first encountered the issue while playing in 0.17.17. I tried to upgrade to 0.17.23 (latest) to see if that would fix the problem, but I was unable to download either the exe or the zip for Windows (got an Nginx error from the EXE link, and after I downloaded the zip Winrar told me the archive was corrupt). So instead I upgraded to 0.17.22 using the Windows exe installer. I loaded the save file and the issue was still present.

I wonder: could this be related to viewtopic.php?f=7&t=68759?

I'm on windows 10 x64 using a geforce gtx 970. I have never used a mod.

Thank you for your work on Factorio -- it's pretty great.
Attachments
2019-03-30-redx-bug-report.zip
(6.93 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
factorio-current.log
(4.95 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Step 1 to recreate
Step 1 to recreate
bug02.jpg (969.13 KiB) Viewed 3313 times
Initial Problem
Initial Problem
bug01.jpg (915.32 KiB) Viewed 3313 times
Result of Step 1 from bug02.jpg
Result of Step 1 from bug02.jpg
bug03.jpg (824.01 KiB) Viewed 3313 times

jim lee
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.17.22] Red X and Flashing Gear Icon On Cliff Tile After Deconstruction

Post by jim lee »

Grab some blue dynamite and let 'em have at it.

-jim lee

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

The 'X' is due to you telling the bots to remove the cliff. You have two options:
- Bring cliff explosives (blue dynamite) nearby to let the bots remove the cliff.
- Cancel the deconstruction. Go over the cliff again with a deconstruction planner, but this time hold shift to cancel any deconstruction orders within the target area.

> flashing gear icon on the minimap
This means the bots want something that isn't available. Hover over it and it'll tell you what it is. (In this case it's the cliff explosives.)

Not a bug.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

rockaday
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rockaday »

Thanks for the assistance.

That deconstruction planner => shift key tip was pretty nice.

Return to “Not a bug”