[0.17.14] Low Density Structure inventory count not updating

Bugs that are actually features.
terronium
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.14] Low Density Structure inventory count not updating

Post by terronium »

When trying to create Power Armor MK2, I was hovering over the icon in the build menu to see what all i have and what more is needed. The expected behavior is to show the counts as <count i have>/<count needed> but in case of Low Density Structures it was not showing the <count i have>, even after changing counts in inventory or even pressing F to pick up Low density Structures from the nearby belt while keeping the pop up open which for other items updates the counts in realtime.

As you can see in the screenshot i have 25 LDS in my inventory.

It did turn white in color if I had more than 30 in my inventory indicating i have enough, so it seems to be a UI issue showing the <count I have> part.

Inked20190316164412_1_LI.jpg
Inked20190316164412_1_LI.jpg (3.05 MiB) Viewed 2178 times

Attaching the log file and game save
Attachments
fourth_LDS_count_bug.zip
(8.51 MiB) Downloaded 83 times
factorio-current.log
(10.42 KiB) Downloaded 81 times

DutchJer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.17.14] Low Density Structure inventory count not updating

Post by DutchJer »

you have 25 in your inventory, and the other 5 you can craft by hand. This is not a bug

terronium
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by terronium »

The bug is that the popup is showing

30 x Low density structure

instead of the expected

25/30 x Low density structure

The count i have in inventory i.e. 25 is missing in the UI popup

cbhj1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by cbhj1 »

note the text colors:
White - you have the items in the ready to use state
Orange - you have the materials to make the missing items, will auto queue them up if you try to craft it with no red text on others
Red - requirement can't be met by auto-handcrafting the missing items

the screenshot you show has the LDS listed in orange, if you pick up the 5 that would need crafting it would turn white instead of using the some assembly required path

edit: Alternatively, you could take the copper, steel, or plastic out of your inventory and it would update the numbers as expected.

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by tehfreek »

terronium wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:32 pm
The bug is that the popup is showing

30 x Low density structure

instead of the expected

25/30 x Low density structure

The count i have in inventory i.e. 25 is missing in the UI popup
That's not a bug per se. Since all 30 can be fulfilled, it no longer shows a partial count. If you want a partial count to be shown regardless that would be a feature request.

terronium
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by terronium »

ah.. makes sense. Thanks. But its not very intuitive this way, atleast to me it wasnt. I would like to propose it as a feature request to show it as 25/30 if it makes sense for users in general.

Currently the orange color just says you can handcraft it but doesnt say how many you need without finding the item in inventory and summing up the stacks. Showing it as 25/30 would immediately tell how many you can pick up if you have it available in the factory and you dont wanna handcraft it.

Do i have to move the post so another sub forum to propose it as a feature or would it be done by a mod after approval (new here :) ) ?

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by invisus »

terronium wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:42 am
Do i have to move the post so another sub forum to propose it as a feature or would it be done by a mod after approval (new here :) ) ?
Given this topic has already been moved to "Not a Bug" I'd recommend starting a new topic in the Ideas and Suggestions forum.

And for what it's worth, I think the suggestion is solid. If you're short, but _can_ still hand craft what is needed to still meet requirements (orange), I'd still think it should display <current>/<needed>, e.g. 25/30.

leadraven
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by leadraven »

It also can display <current>/<needed> in white even you have enough : 45/30. So you can estimate how many you can craft.

Return to “Not a bug”