[0.17.13] Click inconsisntencies on tool palette

Bugs that are actually features.
Gummiente27
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.13] Click inconsisntencies on tool palette

Post by Gummiente27 »

I'm talking about this:
The behaviour of the tools right to the inventory shortcuts in relation to clicking differs from the behaviour of the inventory shortcuts.

The inventory items snap onto your mouse with mouse-key-down and make no sound while doing so.

The tool bar on the right makes a sound with mouse-key-down, but does put the item on the cursor on mouse-key-up and only, if the mouse is still on the same button. This creates an inconsistencyfeel - the sound does not indicate the thing is on the cursor now, aka work has been done. And it differs from the behaviour of the invnetory next to it.

I had the problem already - I heard the sound and thought "its on the cursor", but i di not released the mouse button fast enough and in the end it was not on the cursor.

I think the tools should snap to the cursor/act with mouse-key-down instead of mouse-key-up.

th0
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17.13] Click inconsisntencies on tool palette

Post by th0 »

I also noticed this and I agree it's annoying, especially because you hear the clicking sound anyway.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Well, the sound isn't a notification of getting an item, but of really pressing the button.

We might add sound for getting an item into cursor later on (or even make variants of it for different kind of items).

Gummiente27
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gummiente27 »

kovarex wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:25 pm
Well, the sound isn't a notification of getting an item, but of really pressing the button.

We might add sound for getting an item into cursor later on (or even make variants of it for different kind of items).
Its not just about the sound, it also acts different to the normal inventory next to it.

The sound is just something which doesn't help with the inconsistency, but makes it worse.

joshinils
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by joshinils »

im afraid i too found this via the search because i apparently can move my mouie quick enough that after clicking the deconstruction planner to hear a sound but not get a decon-planner.
i know overall this is consistent with buttons that make this clik-ondown sound, like the menu buttons, but i think for gameplay buttons it should work a little different from menu-buttons.

Return to “Not a bug”