[0.17.11] incorrect? (Train stations do not send artillery wagon contents to circuit network)

Bugs that are actually features.
Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17.11] incorrect? (Train stations do not send artillery wagon contents to circuit network)

Post by Gandalf »

edit: I'm confused because it works now. I'm pretty sure the train was parked correctly because I placed it next to the station and didn't move it, so maybe there is a bit of funkiness with the initial hook-up?

Sorry, if this was indeed my mistake. I should have checked more thoroughly.

Original post:

I really hope this isn't "working as intended".

Basically I like to have fill indicators around my train stops, but the artillery train is the only one that doesn't tell my circuits their cargo contents. When I hover the locomotive it does show the number of artillery shells as "Cargo contents" in the sidebar, but the value does not end up in the circuit network. I made sure "Read train contents" is checked in the station.

Any chance of adding/fixing this? I haven't found any info on whether or not this is supposed to work.
OS: Linux Mint 19 x64 | desktop: Awesome 4.2  |  Intel Core i5 8600k  |  16GB DDR4  |  NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (driver version: 410.104)    (2019-03)

Manron
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17.11] incorrect? (Train stations do not send artillery wagon contents to circuit network)

Post by Manron »

IIRC the train needs to be parked at the station in automatic mode for the 'read train contents' to work.

Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.11] incorrect? (Train stations do not send artillery wagon contents to circuit network)

Post by Gandalf »

That'll do it. Question is why though?
OS: Linux Mint 19 x64 | desktop: Awesome 4.2  |  Intel Core i5 8600k  |  16GB DDR4  |  NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (driver version: 410.104)    (2019-03)

Manron
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Manron »

That's by design. aka working as intended.

Return to “Not a bug”