[0.17.11] CTRL+Z while holding a blueprint deletes the blueprint [EDIT: Mod Issue not vanilla]

Bugs that are actually features.
Kirona
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.11] CTRL+Z while holding a blueprint deletes the blueprint [EDIT: Mod Issue not vanilla]

Post by Kirona »

EDIT: Turns out this was an issue with a mod, and not a game issue. Thanks very much to Vegemeister for giving me a heads up, and sorry to the forum mods and devs who might've wasted time trying to fix this.

-----

I had a blueprint that I'd saved a while back - but not saved to my library, only to my inventory. I was placing multiples of this design on the ground and got one copy misaligned, so I hit CTRL+Z to undo. However, this removed the blueprint from my hand, and didn't put it back in my inventory.

Luckily since I'd already stamped it down a few times it wasn't too hard to recover, but it was definitely inconvenient nonetheless.

Steps to recreate:
1. Create a blueprint of any kind, saving it to the player inventory.
2. Select the saved blueprint.
3. Stamp the blueprint somewhere.
4. press CTRL+Z to 'undo' the stamp. Blueprint vanishes.
Last edited by Kirona on Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.11] CTRL+Z while holding a blueprint deletes the blueprint

Post by 5thHorseman »

I can't recreate this in 0.17.11. Ctrl-Z undoes the placement of the blueprint but does not delete it.

Z alone drops it though. It's a long shot but maybe you somehow undid and dropped it?

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

Easiest way to look for a dropped item on the ground is a deconstruction planner filtered to items on the ground. Assuming ofc that it didn't get dropped on a belt or into a chest/machine (new in 0.17).

Vegemeister
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Vegemeister »

Do you use the Picker Extended mod? It has a "zap blueprint on cursor" functionality bound to ctrl-z by default. And if you unbind it, disabling and re-enabling the mod will re-bind it again, because, as far as I can tell, mod keybindings are stored in config.ini with everything else, instead of in a separate file in the mod directory, and the game clobbers everything it doesn't understand from config.ini on startup. I was quite confused by this until I figured out what was going on.

I thought I remembered seeing a bug report about mod setting storage and the synchronize mods with save option, but I can't find it.

Kirona
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kirona »

Vegemeister wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:36 pm
Do you use the Picker Extended mod? It has a "zap blueprint on cursor" functionality bound to ctrl-z by default. And if you unbind it, disabling and re-enabling the mod will re-bind it again, because, as far as I can tell, mod keybindings are stored in config.ini with everything else, instead of in a separate file in the mod directory, and the game clobbers everything it doesn't understand from config.ini on startup. I was quite confused by this until I figured out what was going on.

I thought I remembered seeing a bug report about mod setting storage and the synchronize mods with save option, but I can't find it.
...This would be the solution. I thought I'd disabled all of the zapping functions altogether since I really don't like them but I guess that all got reset with the 0.17 update, since I played vanilla for the first few days until mods got a chance to catch up.

Well, at least now I know what actually happened and how to fix it, thanks for the heads up :)

Return to “Not a bug”