[0.17.9] blueprint not saving after confirmed

Bugs that are actually features.
SeikakuOtosan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.9] blueprint not saving after confirmed

Post by SeikakuOtosan »

i noticed starting in 0.17.8 and have continued to see it in the latest version as well. that any blueprint i tried to make would not save the blueprint. either if i chose to make a blueprint from the quick bar, or from the blueprint button on the top of the screen.

what i can do is make the blueprint (band box what i want to blueprint.) look at it.. select what i want and dont want to save.. click save.. and then place the blueprint. AS LONG AS. I never drop the blueprint. as soon as i try to put the blueprint into my inventory. it disappears. even if i had just used it to build something. it will not save to my inventory at all. and as soon as i would want to build another "thing" that the blueprint was. i will have to make a new blueprint from scratch to do that.

it is essentially working as a less useful copy paste. as i can only paste it as long as i dont let it out of my hand.

djpimpstick
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.9] blueprint not saving after confirmed

Post by djpimpstick »

I have same issue in 17.9

If I create a new blueprint, by any method, save it, and drop it (clear cursor), it would normally go into inventory, now it just disappears. It does not drop to the ground, nor to inventory.

However, if I create a new blueprint and open the inventory and place in there manually, it goes in normally.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

For a blueprint to be stored in your inventory you need to manually put it there, clear cursor will not create a blueprint if it is neither bound to your inventory or library. If this is what you are experiencing then it is working correctly.

lumen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lumen »

In [0.17.11], I can place the confirmed blueprint into the tool-belt, but it disappears again, once I clear it from the cursor. This is not a bug, but it is surprising behavior nonetheless. I understand that since 0.17, the tool-belt only links to the inventory, but apparently it can also link to the cursor in the case of blueprints.

Return to “Not a bug”