[0.17.5] Blueprinted Trains do not remember Automatic mode

Bugs that are actually features.
Calibretto22
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.5] Blueprinted Trains do not remember Automatic mode

Post by Calibretto22 »

When creating a blueprint of a train that is in automatic-mode, the recreation of this blueprint is not "switched on" after buildup is complete.

Imho the train should start movement after it is built - if this was the setting in the blueprint.

A Testsetup with a automatic train:

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

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.5] Blueprinted Trains do not remember Automatic mode

Post by BenSeidel »

Agreed. It would be a nice feature, but I doubt it is a bug as it would require additional logic to keep the train stationary while it's being built.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that's working as intended.

Trains in blueprints simply don't work if they have automatic mode = true when built and have > 1 of them in a blueprint. The first one to get fuel would drive away breaking the entire thing.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Calibretto22
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Calibretto22 »

Thanks for the response.

But I'd like to make a suggestion:
Without knowing the deeper logic of construction & entity-placement, wouldn't it be possible to check if the whole train is constructed?

Perhaps by saving the amount of connected entities.
The saved amount is compared on train-entity placement.
If connections are complete and no open fuel-request slots are present, the automatic-status could be applied accordingly.
In case of manual interaction (or Passenger present) the uncompleted check is discarded.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Calibretto22 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:25 pm
Thanks for the response.

But I'd like to make a suggestion:
Without knowing the deeper logic of construction & entity-placement, wouldn't it be possible to check if the whole train is constructed?

Perhaps by saving the amount of connected entities.
The saved amount is compared on train-entity placement.
If connections are complete and no open fuel-request slots are present, the automatic-status could be applied accordingly.
In case of manual interaction (or Passenger present) the uncompleted check is discarded.
That would then add overhead to every single train every tick to have it check that all nearby ghost trains are built before it moves.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”