[0.17.4] Graphic screen bouncing while standing on facing belts

Bugs that are actually features.
Ashaman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.4] Graphic screen bouncing while standing on facing belts

Post by Ashaman »

When you place two belts facing each other and stand on the middle between the belts the screen seems to shake, the effect is influenced by zoom and speed of belt. The deeper in the zoom (zoomed closer to player) the more the effect becomes noticeable. The higher the belt speed the harsher the effect and belts of different speeds make the effect more noticeable with the combo of transport belt >< express transport belt and zoomed as close as possible showing the greatest effect.

FPS and UPS both showing 60

This is just my idea but it seems like the "movement" zone of the belts slightly overlap, when you are dumped onto one belt it moves you back to the original belt and back and forth forming an endless loop.

I have attached a save file with the 6 belt combos for your review.

Reproduction:
1) Screen resolution 1920x1080 (possibly other resolutions as well?)
2) Place belts facing each other
3) Stand on a belt

Regards,
~A
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(5.79 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
belt bounce.zip
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 98 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.4] Graphic screen bouncing while standing on facing belts

Post by posila »

Ashaman wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:03 am
This is just my idea but it seems like the "movement" zone of the belts slightly overlap, when you are dumped onto one belt it moves you back to the original belt and back and forth forming an endless loop.
Yes, so don't stand there :)

When you do it with same speed belt (as are belts on the left in your save), it makes the picture look little bit blurry on my computer, which is kind of interesting.

Ashaman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ashaman »

posila wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:58 am

Yes, so don't stand there :)

When you do it with same speed belt (as are belts on the left in your save), it makes the picture look little bit blurry on my computer, which is kind of interesting.
:o :shock: Thats an OPTION?!?!
posila wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:58 am

I also found that it was an interesting effect the first time I stumbled upon it, I thought it was glitching hard core until I stepped off the belt :lol:

Obviously a game ending problem, must be placed on the top of the priority list!!! :roll:

Regards,
A

P.S.
Thanks for checking it out :)

theMightyMan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theMightyMan »

Can someone explain why this is "not a bug"? it is really annoying when it happens and should be fixed at some point (although not a high priority, its still missing polish)

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

theMightyMan wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:50 pm
Can someone explain why this is "not a bug"? it is really annoying when it happens and should be fixed at some point (although not a high priority, its still missing polish)
the belts are moving you back and forth, which is intended behavior

Return to “Not a bug”