[0.17.4] "Character Logistic Trash Slots 1" Technology has incorrect dependencies.

Bugs that are actually features.
credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17.4] "Character Logistic Trash Slots 1" Technology has incorrect dependencies.

Post by credomane »

After researching logistics that I discovered I could research "Character Logistic Trash Slots 1"
characterlogislots1.jpg
characterlogislots1.jpg (885.17 KiB) Viewed 979 times
Poking around the tech tree I located "Character Logistic Trash Slots 2" and discovered that it depended on "Logistic Robots" with the "Character Logistic Trash Slots 1" just not there.

This doesn't seem intended because if one was so inclined you could research "Character Logistic Trash Slots 2" before researching "Character Logistic Trash Slots 1".

[edit]
Screenshots were of the correct technology series but I left out "Trash" when referring them in my post. Oops. Fixed now.
Attachments
characterlogislots2.jpg
characterlogislots2.jpg (955.7 KiB) Viewed 979 times
Last edited by credomane on Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.17.4] "Character Logistic Slots 1" Technology has incorrect dependencies.

Post by Loewchen »

You are confusing "Character Logistic Slots" with "Character Logistic Trash Slots". NaB.

credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.4] "Character Logistic Trash Slots 1" Technology has incorrect dependencies.

Post by credomane »

Crap, I am, I'll correct that. The screenshots are still accurate though.

credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.4] "Character Logistic Slots 1" Technology has incorrect dependencies.

Post by credomane »

Loewchen wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:22 pm
You are confusing "Character Logistic Slots" with "Character Logistic Trash Slots". NaB.
Not a bug? Can you explain that? I don't understand how/why "trash slots 1" doesn't need to depend on logistic robots research which is required for the trash slots to actually function. However the supposed successor research "Trash slots 2" does depend on logistic robots research and does not depend on "trash slots 1".

[edit]
And delete this thread...You got it in the Not a bug section, that works too. I somehow missed a mod when going through to disable them all to figure this out. Apparently "EvenDistribution" modifies the trash technologies to enable early autotrash slots which makes no sense without logistic bots...lol

Thankfully it is a startup option. This is either a new option in 0.17 or something I disabled a long long time ago in 0.16 then forgot about. Sorry for all the fuss. The "show-debug-info-in-tooltips" debug option would be really handy showing what mods "owns" the technology and by "owns" I mean the last one that modified it.

Return to “Not a bug”