[0.17.4] Belt immunity works when underpowered

Bugs that are actually features.
msmaciek
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.4] Belt immunity works when underpowered

Post by msmaciek »

I put in one portable solar (maximum power output: 30kW) panel and belt immunity equipment (energy consumption: 100kW) into modular armor and it worked :?
Should this work?

credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.4]Belt immunity works powered by 30kW

Post by credomane »

I haven't messed with the belt immunity equipment yet but most other power armor equipment has an internal buffer that stores power. Open up the power armor and watch for a bar on the belt immunity equipment and see if it slowly drains while standing on a belt. You'll probably start jerkily sliding on the belt once that bar gets drained.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Same as with the legs. With just portable solar you can run faster for five seconds until the power drained. Then wait until power charged up and again 5 seconds weee :D

msmaciek
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by msmaciek »

I agree items have an internal buffer but belt immunity equipment works immediately after adding the solar panel and not after accumulating the energy reserve. Do not interrupt the action every few seconds to accumulate energy, it does not work only in the middle of the night.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.4] Belt immunity works when underpowered

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however no it doesn't - it works if it has any power - regardless of how much. It won't work if it has zero power.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”