[0.17.4] Unable to craft Green/Red wire with barely enough ingredients

Bugs that are actually features.
darthmaul22
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.4] Unable to craft Green/Red wire with barely enough ingredients

Post by darthmaul22 »

With exactly two copper plates in the inventory, the game shows I have enough ingredients to craft the wire, and shows both prerequisites as yellow to indicate they can be crafted with the available supplies. However, the menu does not allow me to craft, claiming not enough ingredients (as seen in image). Crafting works with 3+ copper plates.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.4] Unable to craft Green/Red wire with barely enough ingredients

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that's correct: in order to craft that you need 2 copper cable (which takes 1 copper plate) and a green circuit. A green circuit takes 3 copper cable which will take 2 more copper for a total of 3 copper and you don't have that much.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

cbhj1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.4] Unable to craft Green/Red wire with barely enough ingredients

Post by cbhj1 »

To clarify further, it is enough materials, but the auto crafting of the parts is where the friction comes in, it tries to make the circuit, taking 2 copper to make 4 wires, then tries to make the last wire without taking into account the remainder from the circuit.

It is craftable, but manual ordering is required, craft 4 wires(2 copper), then the green wire will queue up the circuit while not stepping on itself for the last wire.

Return to “Not a bug”