[abregado] [0.17] Inserters remove fuel from miner instead of ore – miner then refuses to work

Bugs that are actually features.
Cutemine
Inserter
Inserter

[abregado] [0.17] Inserters remove fuel from miner instead of ore – miner then refuses to work

Post by Cutemine »

The inserters take coal out, but refuse to take the copper ore. I can't manually pick up the ore either. (Control-Click and opening the inventory to take it both don't work)
fuel out of miner.png
fuel out of miner.png (2.95 MiB) Viewed 1343 times
inserter unload fuel.zip
(2.03 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
EDIT: never mind, i'm dumb. They're not supposed to take the ore out because it is automatically spit out... But it might be confusing ;D

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17] Inserters remove fuel from miner instead of ore – miner then refuses to work

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
This is not a bug, miners push items out onto tile infront of them so they don't have inventory for you or interter to take the or from.
But ... I'll leave it to abregado, to handle the report.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [abregado] [0.17] Inserters remove fuel from miner instead of ore – miner then refuses to work

Post by Philip017 »

i have never actually tried to take anything from miners with an inserter like that. only put fuel into the miner with an inserter. all miners drop their ores on the ground/belt/chest/another miner in front of them. perhaps the inserter will refuse to work instead of taking the fuel, repercussions of that could break other strategies though. imo this is not a bug.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [abregado] [0.17] Inserters remove fuel from miner instead of ore – miner then refuses to work

Post by MasterBuilder »

Taking coal out with inserters makes it possible to daisy chain them with burners. Handy in the very early game as you won't need to run a belt for coal next to them.
One persons bug is anothers' feature.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Return to “Not a bug”