[0.11.1] car cannot destroy trees anymore

Bugs that are actually features.
arl85
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.11.1] car cannot destroy trees anymore

Post by arl85 »

0.11 release notes wrote:New physics for cars. Car now does very little damage when colliding.
I intended it like "car will suffer less damages" but this indeed means that car cannot destroy anything anymore: and it seems very strange because max speed is over 90 km/h and as soon a tree is hit car stops abruptly.
Do you need help taking screenshots in-game? have a look to my guide to calculate screenshot dimensions

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.1] car cannot destroy trees anymore

Post by MF- »

I think that actually matches what would happen if you drove a real can into real tree

Florian
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Florian »

It's not a bug. It's a feature ;)

arl85
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arl85 »

MF- wrote:I think that actually matches what would happen if you drove a real can into real tree
almost...because in Factorio car receives a minimum amount of damage when hitting a tree.

Since you cannot fire from car anymore, you cannot even open "road" between forests firing with a shotgun or flamethrower.

Use of car seems to be restricted to secured plain areas without trees, so mostly inside your factory.
Do you need help taking screenshots in-game? have a look to my guide to calculate screenshot dimensions

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

This is a feature indeed.

For running through forest, there is the tank.

Return to “Not a bug”