PvP Mode in the Scenario Editor creates a new map !!!

Bugs that are actually features.
Francerrique
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

PvP Mode in the Scenario Editor creates a new map !!!

Post by Francerrique »

Hello, a bug that has been disturbing me with each new version and does not seem to be fixed is the bug where when creating a Map in PvP mode by Multiplayer and save it, after that go in Scenario Editor, convert it and upload it, another one Map appears, and making the edits in it, and saves it, when it will play Multiplayer in it by selecting Scenarios and Select this last edited map, The same map the first time is edited, ie my edited map is hidden !. In short: Create a PvP map, a map type exits, and in the Scenario Editor another Map is loaded, in the end having 2 Maps, one that loads in Multiplayer and another in the Scenario Editor and you can not play it.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: PvP Mode in the Scenario Editor creates a new map !!!

Post by Rseding91 »

I believe this is working as intended. The PvP scenario doesn't support custom maps and always puts players on a new one when started.

You'll have to edit the PvP scenario if you want it to work that way.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Are you editing the right surface? The PvP scenario makes an extra surface for its map and doesn't use nauvis.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Francerrique
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Francerrique »

Bilka wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:18 am
Are you editing the right surface? The PvP scenario makes an extra surface for its map and doesn't use nauvis.
Why should it create an extra surface? What does Nauvis have to be Important ?, so how can I Edit a PvP Map and play it with all my editions made on the map ?, because whenever I edit it, another map appears , but when I load it in the editor, my edited map is that it appears !.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Francerrique wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:02 pm
Why should it create an extra surface? What does Nauvis have to be Important ?, so how can I Edit a PvP Map and play it with all my editions made on the map ?, because whenever I edit it, another map appears , but when I load it in the editor, my edited map is that it appears !.
It creates a new surface because nauivs already exists, and deleting and then regenerating its terrain would take longer than just making a new surface. You can edit the right surface by selecting it in the surface tab in the map editor:

The battle_surface is the surface you want to edit.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Francerrique
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Francerrique »

Bilka wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:15 pm
Francerrique wrote:
It creates a new surface because nauivs already exists, and deleting and then regenerating its terrain would take longer than just making a new surface. You can edit the right surface by selecting it in the surface tab in the map editor:

So, how can I then create a PvP Map to play with my Friend ?, For example, Where to start ?, could you give me a step by step?

Note: (See if you can draw any conclusion from this): The Map that I want to create is for only Two Players, where each player starts on an Island full of Cliffs and must survive and compete in "Free Mode", to do so, I'll need to use that Multiplayer "Combat Settings" system to create the two teams, but every time I edit, the other map it loads, but my map is still there, how can I continue?

I use Mods, and they probably influence the creation of a new world, however I just stripped them to see if something changed, but did not change anything though I use the mod "Alien Biomes", the question is, how can I create a map in PvP Mode, edit it, save it, set it up in Multiplayer Combat Options and play it?

Francerrique
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Francerrique »

Bilka wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:15 pm
Francerrique wrote:

There really is not an answer ?, I find it strange that Factor have a lot of options giving shortcut to the same Functions, it's all full of buttons, and on top of that there is not clean support to create a map, this is very annoying, I follow the evolution of factorio already a long time ago and since that time of the A16.0 and still continue with this error, it is difficult to make that the Scenario Editor does its work right?, I think not. > :(

Return to “Not a bug”