[16.51] Rocket Launcher(?) Causes Partial Crash

Bugs that are actually features.
Mekronid
Inserter
Inserter

[16.51] Rocket Launcher(?) Causes Partial Crash

Post by Mekronid »

Hi, this happens every 20-50 hours or so:

I've only ever had it trigger at the exact moment I pressed the spacebar to fire a rocket or nuke. I don't know if other weapons can cause it to occur since the crash is not common.
However, it doesn't trigger a crash log because only the playfield graphics will crash. The rest of the game including menus and save feature continue to work. I didn't try loading a game but now that I think of it I probably should have. I just didn't want to touch anything for fear of breaking my save or something.
Anyway, posting my log may be obviated by the fact it doesn't actually show any crash but here it is:

https://pastebin.com/uW3NSw8K
Do note that the last save listed was manual.

It has been happening since at least the early version 0.16.xx but I didn't report because I kept forgetting to take a screenshot.

This person reported a similar situation back in version 0.12.x around the time weapon aiming was being updated. viewtopic.php?f=47&t=16454&p=108877&hil ... id#p108877
I'm reporting it as its own bug since I've managed to reproduce it and get more details. If I see it again I'll try to do more stuff like find out what happens if I open the debug menu and whatnot.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [16.51] Rocket Launcher(?) Causes Partial Crash

Post by Klonan »

Pressing shift + space pauses the game simulation and brings up the tile grid, which is what you are experiencing

Mekronid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mekronid »

Klonan wrote:Pressing shift + space pauses the game simulation and brings up the tile grid, which is what you are experiencing
Oh, but I didn't press shift + space. My shift key doesn't do this in any other application.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Can you make sure the keybinding for pause is at the default (shift+space)? If you can save while this happens, can you also post a save (if you have one)?
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Mekronid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mekronid »

Steam locked up when I exited Civilization IV so I decided to check the on screen keyboard. Sure enough Shift was pressed. I force closed Steam and it went away. Sorry, it seems this is not a problem with Factorio.

Return to “Not a bug”