[0.16.45] Error during event field '?' (a nil value)

Bugs that are actually features.
RocK3ru
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.16.45] Error during event field '?' (a nil value)

Post by RocK3ru »

Hey, to be honest this is starting to get annoying, this error handler or function serves no purpose what so ever than give a message, press OK map closes and were done.
It has no save feature to were if it gives a error I can save the map, or if it is not so critical to running the map, then I see no problem to just continue the game.

It happened with the Pvp scenario twice and I don't know if it is fixed permanently.
I don't really know what triggers these notices, and I'm sure there prety useful when debugging, but there really annoying.

The way, I triggered this one was using a mod called Wireless Circuit Network, I created 2 signals with the exact same name via the mods guy and when I delete either of the duplicates this error pops up.
Maybe its the fault of the mod, but from what I see in the top corner, I successfully deleted the signals, but the error popped up, so I can't continue the map.

Mod used: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Wireless_Circuit_Network
Attachments
error handler.PNG
error handler.PNG (119.98 KiB) Viewed 1656 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.16.45] Error during event field '?' (a nil value)

Post by Loewchen »

As the error message says, this is a mod error, so to get this fixed you need to contact the author. NaB.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Loewchen wrote:As the error message says, this is a mod error, so to get this fixed you need to contact the author. NaB.
The suggestion here is to not quit the whole map on mod error.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

steinio wrote:The suggestion here is to not quit the whole map on mod error.
How would the error be handled instead? The mod script not working breaks the map in various ways.

What I take out of this is that it is not clear these errors are caused by mod/scenario script and to whom should people report these errors. I added this to our backlog.

RocK3ru
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RocK3ru »

I'm not pulling my opinion from my a** this is a thing that happened without a mod.
viewtopic.php?t=60536
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=60570

I don't know if you fixed it since the 0.16.46 has not been released yet. I did not test your fix.
That is why I'm posting.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

RocK3ru wrote:I'm not pulling my opinion from my a** this is a thing that happened without a mod.
viewtopic.php?t=60536
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=60570

I don't know if you fixed it since the 0.16.46 has not been released yet. I did not test your fix.
That is why I'm posting.
Those 2 linked reports clearly show the pvp.lua causing the error. The report here clearly shows Wireless circuit Network causing the error.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”