Artillery Troll in Multiplayer

Bugs that are actually features.
fvf
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Artillery Troll in Multiplayer

Post by fvf »

Yesterday I was playing in a public multiplayer server with around 8 other players. One of the players ran big electric poles to far from our bases walls, stringing about 10 big electric poles, and he placed 2 laser turrets at each pole. At the end, he placed 20 laser turrets and then went to the nearest glob of alien spawners to attract them to his turrets. While running back, someone shot the big electric pole closest to the base with an artillery turret. As you can imagine, he ran back to base for his life, as all the biters were attacking him and the deactivated turrets. He survived. As soon as he got back to base, he stopped walking and started writing in chat, at which point an artillery shell landed on him and killed him. The death message was "<user> was killed by Artillery Wagon". The admin had no idea who to kick for being a troll.

The main bug is that there is no way to know who ordered the artillery shots.

Another possible bug is controlling who is allowed to control the artillery shots.

SafwatHalaby
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Artillery Troll in Multiplayer

Post by SafwatHalaby »

I am not sure I understand why this was marked as "not a bug".

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Artillery Troll in Multiplayer

Post by steinio »

You will have more luck if you make a suggestion like Artillery Shots should save the user which sent them...

So long it works like intended... so no bug.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Not a bug”