[16.39] "Tab" to next textfield in gui (not a bug)

Bugs that are actually features.
Rickeyhb
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[16.39] "Tab" to next textfield in gui (not a bug)

Post by Rickeyhb »

Hey, So I've always been annoyed by the lack of the ability to use the key "Tab" to switch between text fields.
especially when changing colours on trains or setting limits on chests/inventory, basically anywhere with a text field.

I hope and think it should be a quick addition to the already amazing game.

kitcat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [16.39] "Tab" to next textfield in gui (not a bug)

Post by kitcat »

If you have that text field selected, pressing tab will move to the green slider that you can then adjust with the left and right cursor keys. Pressing tab again selects the green text field. Then pressing tab twice selects the blue text field.

It would be nice if the text in a text field would be selected when moving into it with tab. Currently, the cursor is simply placed at the end.

Rickeyhb
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [16.39] "Tab" to next textfield in gui (not a bug)

Post by Rickeyhb »

kitcat wrote:If you have that text field selected, pressing tab will move to the green slider, Pressing tab again selects the green text field.
This does not happen in my game, with default controls.
kitcat wrote:Then pressing tab twice selects the blue text field.
pressing twice does nothing.
kitcat wrote:It would be nice if the text in a text field would be selected when moving into it with tab. Currently, the cursor is simply placed at the end.
Yes this would be an improvement but only a minor one.

I just now figured it out, the reason why tab didn't work is because it is used to switch weapons by default. reconfigured the key for that and suddenly tab is able to move to the next text field or slider, just like you said.

Return to “Not a bug”