[0.16.37] Neutral chests can't be fast replaced

Bugs that are actually features.
JuicyJuuce
Inserter
Inserter

[0.16.37] Neutral chests can't be fast replaced

Post by JuicyJuuce »

Not sure if this is properly a bug or just a missing feature, but currently you can not fast replace a neutral chest in the pvp scenario. For example, when you want to upgrade all of your steel chests to passive provider chests once you have roboports.

In the PvP scenario, a very useful option is the "neutral chests" feature. This makes it so that 1) you can raid an enemy base's chests and 2) you can not place all your good items (like your power armor) into a chest right before you die in order to prevent the other team from getting it as loot. The neutral chests option fixed this problem and is a must have for pvp. Unfortunately it currently makes upgrading to provider chests a huge pain because one must first transfer all items to a nearby chest, pick up the original chest, place a provider chest, then transfer all the items back (and also pick out anything that got mixed into your player inventory).
3Ra Gaming Moderator
come play the PvP scenario with us and join our discord at www.3ragaming.com/discord

Zulan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.16.37] Neutral chests can't be fast replaced

Post by Zulan »

This is in fact quite an issue.

There is also another issue with neutral chests: They are not included in blueprints created from the game.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that's working correctly.

You can't fast replace other forces entities and you can't include them in blueprints.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Zulan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zulan »

So the question is, Is there a better way to implement the actual goal - being able to steal from enemy chests - without the mentioned downsides.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Zulan wrote:So the question is, Is there a better way to implement the actual goal - being able to steal from enemy chests - without the mentioned downsides.
More multiplayer per-force settings which may or may not be done in 0.17.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”