[Dominik][0.16.36] Logistic bots don't leave deconstructing port on their own

Bugs that are actually features.
credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Dominik][0.16.36] Logistic bots don't leave deconstructing port on their own

Post by credomane »

I've been playing the Reddit April Community map and I quickly noticed some oddities with marked-for-desconstruction roboports. I also tested in the vanilla sandbox scenario with all mods disabled to verify my findings. I think I remember a discussion on this before but I couldn't find it. So maybe I'm mistaken? Anyways...

Have a roboport and have some logistic bots headed to it.
Mark that roboport for deconstruction with the deconstruction planner.
Watch the bots not only charge at the marked-for-desconstruction roboport but then go in it!
This leads to constructions bots having to haul off the logistic bots that keep entering the roboport.

I had expected marking the roboport for deconstruction to cause all robots headed to it for recharging to get reassigned to a different roboport. Would be really cool if marked-for-desconstruction roboports would activate all robots inside and have them scatter to other roboports instead of waiting for constructions bots to come along and move them to storage.

To me this is kinda like if every other entity in the game continued to function normally until actually deconstructed; which they don't. Marking anything else for deconstruction halts the entity function right then and there.

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [16.36] Desconstructing roboport wierdness.

Post by fiery_salmon »

See viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3638 and viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3636 stickied on this forum.

Especially
Provide Attachments

log-file, for every report!
save-file (located in the saves folder in the Application directory)
.ziped mods folder
screenshots

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.16.36] Logistic bots don't leave deconstructing port on their own

Post by Dominik »

No need for those attachments, it is well described.
Good question, to me it also seems like that would make sense. I will discuss it here and get back to you.

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Dominik][0.16.36] Logistic bots don't leave deconstructing port on their own

Post by Aeternus »

Ejecting and scattering the bots isn't always the best solution. If you plan to decommission a bot-based mine for instance, you want those bots as items in chests to pack them up and send them back to your main factory. Another problem can be that there isn't enough space for the remaining bots to nest in. I do agree that when a roboport is scheduled for deconstruction, it shouldn't accept new bots or charging. In fact, it's logistics grid should probably be turned off as well - just as if it has run out of power.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Dominik][0.16.36] Logistic bots don't leave deconstructing port on their own

Post by Dominik »

It is indeed intended to make deconstruction of large areas easier. So not a bug :)

Return to “Not a bug”