[16.35] Blueprints get duplicated into inventory

Bugs that are actually features.
ethernal
Inserter
Inserter

[16.35] Blueprints get duplicated into inventory

Post by ethernal »

When selecting BP from BP book they get duplicated into inventory even if they already exist there.

Expected:

if a duplicate of a blueprint would be placed into inventory don't place it there.

Reproduce

Select BP from BP Book,
Use it or discard it with Q
Select same BP again

Repeat.

You will end up with inventory full of the same BP.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [16.35] Blueprints get duplicated into inventory

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that's working 100% as intended. Clicking the blueprint from the blueprint library turns it into an item. If you don't want it to do that, don't click the blueprint but re-use the one you already have in your inventory.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Additionally: you're meant to take the entire book out as an item and use that instead of individual blueprints. While holding the book you can cycle between the blueprints in the book by holding shift and scrolling with the mouse wheel.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

ethernal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ethernal »

And I was wondering how that worked... thanks.. one more thing that should go into tips and tricks...really.

BTW. I understand the reuse principle but it's simply faster and easier to click B (as the position in BP GUI is remembered) than find the BP in inventory. Maybe this should be worked on as ARAI am concerned this is easier solution.

ethernal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ethernal »

Would it be hard to implement a check for the duplicated blueprint in the inventory? This again enhances user experience. It's not really that is how it should work issue. It's about this is less annoying for the user approach.

Return to “Not a bug”