[16.30] 'pulsing' server not responding.

Bugs that are actually features.
bbgun06
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[16.30] 'pulsing' server not responding.

Post by bbgun06 »

I'm posting this as it's own bug because I've seen it a number of times and I can't tell if it is a cause or effect of other bugs.
Sometimes this happens while I'm already in a multiplayer game, and sometimes while trying to connect.
The game appears to run at about one tick per second (from watching the animations.)
The progress bar drops about once per second, but not more than it has filled up in that time. The result is that I am eventually dropped from the game. A few times the problem went away before I was dropped, however.
I've seen this issue on two different computers.
I managed to get a video so you can see what I'm talking about: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iyuVtv ... sp=sharing
Attachments
mods.zip
(34.04 MiB) Downloaded 87 times
factorio-current.log
In this session, all I did was load the game and attempt to connect to the same server twice. The bug was present from the beginning.
(39.54 KiB) Downloaded 83 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [16.30] 'pulsing' server not responding.

Post by Loewchen »

That looks like a network issue, you drop the packet continuously so it can never finish.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [16.30] 'pulsing' server not responding.

Post by Rseding91 »

Loewchen wrote:That looks like a network issue, you drop the packet continuously so it can never finish.
Based off the rate at which it's reducing the "not responding" bar that's exactly what it is: packets are getting dropped in large amounts and every few game ticks its detected and drops the not-responding bar slightly but so many packets are dropped it can't keep up.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”