Inserter Amount for "lowtech"

Bugs that are actually features.
darkminaz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Inserter Amount for "lowtech"

Post by darkminaz »

After checking on my factorys in detail i realised that most assembling machine 3 don't work efficient (at making chopper cables for example)
so i checked, i got fast inserters, sadly they only put in 5 bars and that slows down the whole process.

if it would add more then that i could have 200-300% more output.
i asume this is not a technical "bug" but it's annyoing.

something like "assembling machine 2 +3 get 200% / 300% of the minimum stacked inside. Would solve that problem.
I.e Insertermin*assemblylvl

pretty sure i'm not the only one with that issue. Especially annyoing with speed modules.

micomico
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Inserter Amount for "lowtech"

Post by micomico »

You need moar inserters. If surrounding the assembler with inserters is not enough, put chests between the inserters and the assemblers. With all the stack bonus, your inserters will move 5 items from each chest every time they work. When the final assembler is not producing, keep filling the chests, so that when it's really needed, crafting should go really fast. You probably can even downgrade the inserters to normal ones.

darkminaz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Inserter Amount for "lowtech"

Post by darkminaz »

i put 6 boxes around it, it still didn't change anything. (or just a tiny diffrence, it still did stop for a few secs all the time)
the inserter is not the problem, the problem is that it stops working after it did put 5 inside. And thats just lazy.
oooh i did some work .. better take a brake ..
THERE WILL BE NO STOPS IN MY LAND!

Return to “Not a bug”