[16.1] Map Preview not showing resources or biters with RSO

Bugs that are actually features.
Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [16.1] Map Preview not showing resources or biters with RSO

Post by Rseding91 »

eradicator wrote:@Klonan/Rsed:
How feasible would something like a "full preview" button be? I.e. you press the button and the game internally generates an actual map instance where mod code can run, then generate a pictures of that. It'd probably take 5 mins to generate, but some people might still prefer that to nothing.
Easy. It already exists via clicking "play" and pressing "M" :)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Rseding91 wrote:
eradicator wrote:@Klonan/Rsed:
How feasible would something like a "full preview" button be? I.e. you press the button and the game internally generates an actual map instance where mod code can run, then generate a pictures of that. It'd probably take 5 mins to generate, but some people might still prefer that to nothing.
Easy. It already exists via clicking "play" and pressing "M" :)
That generates significantly less area and is clunky to jump back to the map settings screen :P.

aljo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by aljo »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:37 pm
Agreed, it doesn't matter much that you can't see a preview with RSO, because it works so well. At the moment it's not worth playing Factorio without RSO.
It's not worth playing? Honestly, that's pretty rude. And IMO not true, but that's beside the point. When you write stuff like that, keep in mind the guys making the game actually read your feedback. You aren't in this bubble that only you and your buds see. Imagine you work tirelessly on making the game good, and then some rando on the internet comes along and says "pfft, it's not even worth playing". Do you think that motivates them or brings down the mood?

As a developer myself (not of games though), I know its not hard to that kind of thing personally (depending on circumstance). They probably get used to it given how much feedback they get, maybe, but I'm sure it doesn't feel good. I'm also not saying don't criticize them. If the game is garbage, then you should share those thoughts. Just... in a constructive way.

Lastly, I don't think you meant it the way I said it, but I just wanted to put it out there. That's how I read it at first, so maybe they would too. Sorry for ranting. /rant

So, uh... how about them Mets?

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

aljo wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:06 am
So, uh... how about them Mets?
Nice necro from 7 months ago, dude. Ironically, one that lectures me on my manners.

Return to “Not a bug”