[0.16.0] Trains queued at occupied station not rerouting

Bugs that are actually features.
Elan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.16.0] Trains queued at occupied station not rerouting

Post by Elan »

The trains circled are queued up to enter the stations immediately to their left. Those stations are occupied. Previous behavior would have those trains recirculate to the stations on the left that are empty shown by the arrows. They are not. They are sitting idle queued up at the closed stations and not rerouting to the open ones.

The trains can route to the open stations. I've changed nothing since opening the map in .16.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.16.0] Trains queued at occupied station not rerouting

Post by Loewchen »

The previous behaviour was incorrect. You can change the penalty via mods in the future.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I think it's duplicate "Not a bug" of this : viewtopic.php?f=23&t=54625
[Edit] Dang ! too slow again :(
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Elan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Elan »

The communication of this change is very unclear to me. I think I've worked out what you're saying. Previously an occupied station would give the pathfinder a very large pathing penalty, allowing the finder to search very far for another open station for something 'closer' than that artificially penalized path. This patch fixed/reduced that very large penalty meaning the pathfinder won't consider very far open stations to be 'closer' because the penalized path length is now much shorter.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Elan wrote:The communication of this change is very unclear to me. I think I've worked out what you're saying. Previously an occupied station would give the pathfinder a very large pathing penalty, allowing the finder to search very far for another open station for something 'closer' than that artificially penalized path. This patch fixed/reduced that very large penalty meaning the pathfinder won't consider very far open stations to be 'closer' because the penalized path length is now much shorter.
Exactly.

Andir
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Andir »

Can we at least get an option to disable the station when a train is stopped at it? This "bugfix" breaks a lot of strategies.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

I have made a suggestion a while ago which could really help if implemented
Train pathfinding on stations with same name

Xeteth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeteth »

Andir wrote:Can we at least get an option to disable the station when a train is stopped at it? This "bugfix" breaks a lot of strategies.
Although this is not a direct option in the station GUI it is rather simple to do - I connect something to the station via circuit network (usually a lamp, but even a power pole will do) then set it to settings similar to the pic below. This works because reading the stopped train disables the station.

Pic

mrzorn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mrzorn »

Xeteth wrote:
Andir wrote:Can we at least get an option to disable the station when a train is stopped at it? This "bugfix" breaks a lot of strategies.
Although this is not a direct option in the station GUI it is rather simple to do - I connect something to the station via circuit network (usually a lamp, but even a power pole will do) then set it to settings similar to the pic below. This works because reading the stopped train disables the station.

Pic
This is an valid option to deal with this but once you have several stations connected to communicate departure signals this would close all connected stations

I have to say Andir's point is very true and rather annoying. Why has this penalty been removed?
Factorio showed me my german passion for perfectly working systems.

Return to “Not a bug”