[0.15.37] Available robot count not emmited on zero

Bugs that are actually features.
mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.15.37] Available robot count not emmited on zero

Post by mexmer »

I suppose it's known issue, but i still don't think it's intended behavior, that available robot count is not emitted, when there are no free robots.

STR.

1) connect roboport to logistic network to emmit robot count
2) have small number or construction robots - you can see number of construction bots and avaialble bots on connect unit (pole, combinator, whatever)
3) lay down blueprint that has more components than available robots (of course you need all mats, so all robots are busy
4) when all robots leave roboport you can see that Z signal (available robots) is no longer emitted.

i can go around this with aditional arithmetic combinator (add 1 to Z) but still bothers me, i cannot use Z value in division and multiplication operation (result is not emmited, when Z signal is not present), only operation that works is add and sub, other operations emmit no result, when one signal is not preset (in this case Z)

seems event normal zero is not emitted, if you do division 9/10, you will get no output. this seems wrong to me. in arithmetic this operation is defined, therefore arithmetic combinator should output 0, not nothing.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.15.37] Available robot count not emmited on zero

Post by eradicator »

All circuit signals default to 0. They are just hidden from the tooltip to not clutter the UI when they are 0. You seem to be expecting something odd though. Reading any "hidden" signal still evaluates to 0.

x * 0 = 0
x + 0 = x
x - 0 = x
x / 0 = invalid
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.15.37] Available robot count not emmited on zero

Post by mexmer »

eradicator wrote:All circuit signals default to 0. They are just hidden from the tooltip to not clutter the UI when they are 0. You seem to be expecting something odd though. Reading any "hidden" signal still evaluates to 0.

x * 0 = 0
x + 0 = x
x - 0 = x
x / 0 = invalid
so it's only hidden from UI, not a bug then. my bad.

i thought, when i don't see it, next combinator in serie doesn't operate with that value (since it's not listed in input signals)

just in case i will recheck my setup. but what you say makes sense, although i would prefer if i can toggle displaying zero signals. it's confusing.

Return to “Not a bug”