Consider this:

Code: Select all

{
    type = "custom-input",
    name = "foo",
    key_sequence = "SHIFT + S",
    consuming = "script-only"
  },
This will stop the player from moving down (or any direction with the corresponding key) while holding shift, even though consuming is set to "script-only", which is supposed to not block game events.
According to the "documentation":

Code: Select all

Normal game inputs will still be fired even if they match this sequence.
Same for "none". Placing ghosts works tho :)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.30] custom-input blocks walking

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however you're misunderstanding what that actually means.

if a key sequence with the exact same hotkey exists in the game it doesn't block it. if there's another hotkey that uses *some* of the keys then it doesn't get fired because the game detects other modifier keys are pressed.

Similar to how Shift + left mouse button doesn't fire standard left mouse button logic of "pick up the item into the cursor".
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

kumpu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.15.30] custom-input blocks walking

Post by kumpu »

Rseding91 wrote:Thanks for the report however you're misunderstanding what that actually means.

if a key sequence with the exact same hotkey exists in the game it doesn't block it. if there's another hotkey that uses *some* of the keys then it doesn't get fired because the game detects other modifier keys are pressed.

Similar to how Shift + left mouse button doesn't fire standard left mouse button logic of "pick up the item into the cursor".
Oh I see... Thanks for the clarification. Is there any way to get around this behaviour then? Other than changing the hotkey obviously, I'd prefer not to do that since my mod is already out there and it would confuse a lot of people :?
And I know this is not the place the ask - but since we're already here - wouldn't it be nice to have a "just-dont-mess-with-anything" switch? I don't know if that's much work to implement but I sure would greatly appreciate it.

Return to “Not a bug”