Blueprint with tiles doesn't replace conflicting tile ghosts

Bugs that are actually features.
mickael9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Blueprint with tiles doesn't replace conflicting tile ghosts

Post by mickael9 »

I'm not sure if this is actually a bug or intended behavior, but attempting to place a blueprint with tiles over tile ghosts (of different type) will not replace the tile ghosts like it would with real tiles
place.png
place.png (330.43 KiB) Viewed 2410 times
placed.png
placed.png (331.42 KiB) Viewed 2410 times
The behavior is the same when trying to shift-place the tiles themselves rather than using a blueprint.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Blueprint with tiles doesn't replace conflicting tile ghosts

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however this is working as intended and works the same way with entity ghosts and blueprints. Ghosts (even when building them through blueprints with shift + click) don't ever remove existing ghosts.

If you build normal tiles or normal entities then colliding/conflicting ghosts are removed.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

mickael9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mickael9 »

What about the fact that placing a real tile doesn't remove a (different) ghost tile at the same position ?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

mickael9 wrote:What about the fact that placing a real tile doesn't remove a (different) ghost tile at the same position ?
Note I said "colliding/conflicting" :) ghosts of different tiles don't conflict - robots can build the ghost and replace the old tiles.

mickael9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mickael9 »

Yes I agree with what you said, and sorry for the confusion since I'm talking about a slightly different (but somewhat related) issue

I placed a real concrete tile over a hazard ghost tile (with just grass under it). The hazard ghost tile didn't disappear and I now have a normal concrete tile with a hazard ghost tile over it. I think the behavior should be to remove the ghost tile when placing a real tile at the same position, just like placing a real entity destroys any entity ghost at its position, don't you agree? Let me know if I should create a new bug report for this.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

mickael9 wrote:Yes I agree with what you said, and sorry for the confusion since I'm talking about a slightly different (but somewhat related) issue

I placed a real concrete tile over a hazard ghost tile (with just grass under it). The hazard ghost tile didn't disappear and I now have a normal concrete tile with a hazard ghost tile over it. I think the behavior should be to remove the ghost tile when placing a real tile at the same position, just like placing a real entity destroys any entity ghost at its position, don't you agree? Let me know if I should create a new bug report for this.
That's currently working as intended - though I could change the behavior. Although I can't say I've ever experienced the scenario where i'd want that.

Return to “Not a bug”