Lazy bastard and getting on track like a pro - 0.15.X

Bugs that are actually features.
BoomCaller
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Lazy bastard and getting on track like a pro - 0.15.X

Post by BoomCaller »

In Factorio 0.15.X, it is not possible to do the lazy bastard and getting on track like a pro achievements at the same time. I tested using a perfect world created in map editor. I was able to get Automation 2 done at the 45 min mark, but wasn't even able to set up auto sci 2. Please fix.

D0SBoots
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Lazy bastard and getting on track like a pro - 0.15.X

Post by D0SBoots »

I suspect this isn't a bug? There are plenty of achievements that are mutually exclusive; "Solaris" and "Steam all the way" is the most obvious pair, but there are others that aren't really reasonable to try for at the same time. I strongly suspect that "lazy bastard" and "there is no spoon" are also incompatible.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

D0SBoots wrote:I suspect this isn't a bug? There are plenty of achievements that are mutually exclusive; "Solaris" and "Steam all the way" is the most obvious pair, but there are others that aren't really reasonable to try for at the same time. I strongly suspect that "lazy bastard" and "there is no spoon" are also incompatible.
Indeed, if you can't do 2 achievements in the same run then do 2 different runs.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

BoomCaller
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BoomCaller »

I was trying to do this for 0.15.X 100% Speedrun. These achievements can all be gotten on the same run, and none are exclusive. Use steam till you win, then go solar. There is no Spoon and Lazy Bastard is possible, at least in 0.14.X. See:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66xKPNbjTIM,https://youtu.be/fhF-6b6xzSc,https://youtu.be/oFKW6ZzfzqE

I am suspecting this Lazy Bastard and Getting on Track like a Pro is not possible, due to the 2x time requirements in some techs like Automation 2 and Logistics 2, and the increased crafts for the steam engine taking a burner miner away at the start.

If this can be fixed in anyway, I would greatly appreciate it.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

BoomCaller wrote:If this can be fixed in anyway, I would greatly appreciate it.
It's not broken so there's nothing to "fix".
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

D0SBoots
Inserter
Inserter

Post by D0SBoots »

BoomCaller wrote:I was trying to do this for 0.15.X 100% Speedrun. These achievements can all be gotten on the same run, and none are exclusive. Use steam till you win, then go solar. There is no Spoon and Lazy Bastard is possible, at least in 0.14.X. See:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66xKPNbjTIM,https://youtu.be/fhF-6b6xzSc,https://youtu.be/oFKW6ZzfzqE
When I said, "I think spoon and lazy bastard are incompatible too," I meant in 15.X, although it's still a very impressive feat in 14.X. I hadn't considered the wording on the achievements carefully enough, I can see now how they would be all theoretically possible in one game. However, the cost bumps with the research changes of 15.X make a 100% run impossible now, I think. Such is life; the game isn't designed for speedrunners (almost the opposite, in fact), so the new challenge will be to figure out how many simultaneous achievements *are* still possible.

BoomCaller
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BoomCaller »

I did the math, and this is theoretically possible. You'd need the perfect map, you can't screw up with any crafting, and you need to have the auto red/green facility running for at least 15 min. You would have ~5 min error time, meaning you need to play near perfectly for 1.5 hours. I can't even imagine the amount of times I'd have to reset the map to get all the resources and water next to each other, have the resource patches be a decent size, and with trees nearby but not in the way.

After several attempts of this, I may just go back to 0.14.X, as the old boiler and steam engine recipes take less ingredients, meaning more crafts, which would leave a much greater time for error and non-perfection.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

You do realize there is absolutely nothing anywhere stating it should be possible to make all achievements in a single game.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

BoomCaller
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BoomCaller »

Koub wrote:You do realize there is absolutely nothing anywhere stating it should be possible to make all achievements in a single game.
I realize that, but it should still be at least possible.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

BoomCaller wrote:
Koub wrote:You do realize there is absolutely nothing anywhere stating it should be possible to make all achievements in a single game.
I realize that, but it should still be at least possible.
Just why should it be possible ? It's a design decision. There are so many games that compell to play multiple times to finish all the achievements.

BoomCaller
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BoomCaller »

I did it. Thank you for save-loading. Only took me ~5 hours. I had no error time at all. :D
Attachments
Screenshot (61).png
Screenshot (61).png (2.54 MiB) Viewed 8866 times
Screenshot (60).png
Screenshot (60).png (997.19 KiB) Viewed 8867 times

Patashu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Patashu »

*sees the 6:29:59*

WOw you weren't kidding about no error time LOL

BoomCaller
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BoomCaller »

It really was down to the wire. I had about 10 min to do Logistics 2, Engine, and Railway, then set up 20 engines, 53 steel, the actual locomotive, 3 sets of rail, and place it all. Several times I tried this it was about 5 seconds off. Just glad I could finally do it. :D
Last edited by BoomCaller on Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

That's impressive :)

MrPeachboy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MrPeachboy »

Just wanted to add another anecdotal confirmation that getting On Track Like A Pro while being a Lazy Bastard is still possible. I did it on stream before and after the update to the Automation 2 science costs on a random map. It's gotten really hard to do though^^.

BoomCaller
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BoomCaller »

Now that .15.28 has lowered the time of Automation 2, there are about 10 more minutes for error. Thank you.

Return to “Not a bug”