[0.15.13] Player killed after clicking the alerts icon

Bugs that are actually features.
imajor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.15.13] Player killed after clicking the alerts icon

Post by imajor »

A remote outpost was attacked by enemies, and I got the flashing alert icon right to the toolbar showing that some entities were destroyed. I clicked the icon to see where the event is, and my health bar started decreasing really fast, and I died, while my avatar was in the safe middle of the main base. I reloaded the latest autosave, but couldn't recreate this.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.13] Player killed after clicking the alerts icon

Post by Klonan »

imajor wrote:A remote outpost was attacked by enemies, and I got the flashing alert icon right to the toolbar showing that some entities were destroyed. I clicked the icon to see where the event is, and my health bar started decreasing really fast, and I died, while my avatar was in the safe middle of the main base. I reloaded the latest autosave, but couldn't recreate this.
Were you standing on a train track?

imajor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by imajor »

That is a good point, not impossible. The reason why I posted this is that it was very similar to the resource monitor mod with previous versions, where you clicked to view a remote resource patch, and all the enemies around that patch started rushing towards the theoretical location, and killed the player. This felt very similar, so I thought the same is happening here too.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

imajor wrote:That is a good point, not impossible. The reason why I posted this is that it was very similar to the resource monitor mod with previous versions, where you clicked to view a remote resource patch, and all the enemies around that patch started rushing towards the theoretical location, and killed the player. This felt very similar, so I thought the same is happening here too.
But the resource monitor used "hack" to move the ghost character there. We just move the view port which the biters can't react to. So I guess that you were just killed by something like a train.

imajor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by imajor »

Yes I know, you are probably right. It was more likely a train I didn't notice. Please move it to "not a bug" or "not repro"

imajor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by imajor »

Sorry for the fake alarm.

Return to “Not a bug”