[0.15.6] Can't place train stop in valid position

Bugs that are actually features.
Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.15.6] Can't place train stop in valid position

Post by Gandalf »

Not sure why but I've found a location where the train stop ghost stays red so I can't place it via left click. I can however use shift-click to have it placed via construction robot, so the place seems to be completely valid.

For context: I am trying to reverse the station so if you check the screenshots below you'll notice that there is actually a train stop on the opposite side towards the top. There are also various signals outside the area visible in the screenshots. I assume it has something to do with those things but I can't tell exactly what it is. I made sure I'm in range and there are no other buildings obstructing the location.

If necessary I can provide a game save.

Screenshots: Before placing the train stop it is shown in red and won't let me place it. After shift-clicking the train stop has been placed by bots.
train-stop-red.png
train-stop-red.png (1.6 MiB) Viewed 6265 times
train-stop-placed.png
train-stop-placed.png (1.57 MiB) Viewed 6265 times
OS: Linux Mint 19 x64 | desktop: Awesome 4.2  |  Intel Core i5 8600k  |  16GB DDR4  |  NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (driver version: 410.104)    (2019-03)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.6] Can't place train stop in valid position

Post by Rseding91 »

It's telling you that there's no way a train can ever arrive at that station because the rails are one-way the opposite direction.

It can be *built* but you can't ever get a train to drive to it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.15.6] Can't place train stop in valid position

Post by Gandalf »

Makes sense. It can't guess that I plan to fix the signals later. In that case I'd suggest adding some kind of text popping up to tell me exactly why it won't let me do that. I think there's something like that in the game for a different situation though I can't remember what it was.
OS: Linux Mint 19 x64 | desktop: Awesome 4.2  |  Intel Core i5 8600k  |  16GB DDR4  |  NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (driver version: 410.104)    (2019-03)

Return to “Not a bug”