Train Stop Circuit Network Issues

Bugs that are actually features.
utoxin
Inserter
Inserter

Train Stop Circuit Network Issues

Post by utoxin »

Two things about train stops and circuit networks. The first one could be a bug, although I can see arguments for it being intended, and the second one is definitely a feature request.

1. When the stop is set to read train contents, the items in the fuel slots are not included in the output signal. I was trying to use this to detect the presence of a train at a stop, because of the missing feature in point 2. :)
2. It would be REALLY nice if you could set the stop to output a signal when a train is present.

Turbofant
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Train Stop Circuit Network Issues

Post by Turbofant »

For 1: I think this is intedend. Fuel dosn't count as inventory, because if it whould, a Trainstop with the condition "Empty cargo inventory" whould also mean no fuel.
For 2: You can hook up the entrance signal to the stop to the circuit network and read its state. If the signal shows red = train is present.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

1. It's not a bug. It's there for convenience since adding the fuel adds all kinds of problems to most useful setups.
2. I will probably add a way to detect if the train is there as a separate option in the station. Mainly because of setups and problems like this viewtopic.php?f=7&t=45725

utoxin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by utoxin »

Ahh! I hadn't considered reading the entry signal. (I'm still quite new to circuit networks). Thanks for the tip, and I can understand the point on #1. That's why I was suspecting it might not be a bug after all. :) It would still be nice to get a signal about a train being in-station from the stop itself.

ross
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ross »

Twinsen wrote:1. It's not a bug. It's there for convenience since adding the fuel adds all kinds of problems to most useful setups.
2. I will probably add a way to detect if the train is there as a separate option in the station. Mainly because of setups and problems like this viewtopic.php?f=7&t=45725
dead link

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

ross wrote:
Twinsen wrote:1. It's not a bug. It's there for convenience since adding the fuel adds all kinds of problems to most useful setups.
dead link
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=45725

That's strange - the correct link appears in the text when you quote it, but it doesn't display correctly.

Edit: it does go to the correct page. It is the link's fault.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

ross
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ross »

Jap2.0 wrote:
ross wrote:
dead link

That's strange - the correct link appears in the text when you quote it, but it doesn't display correctly.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

ross wrote:
Jap2.0 wrote:
ross wrote:
dead link

I know - that's what I get too. Initially I thought that the problem was that it was linking you to "viewtopic.php?f=7&t=45725" and not "
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=45725", but apparently the link does work, it just isn't valid.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

ross
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ross »

so you wanna fix it?

Return to “Not a bug”