{14.22} 8 Steam Engines Running, 4 Show Up.

Bugs that are actually features.
opencircut74
Inserter
Inserter

{14.22} 8 Steam Engines Running, 4 Show Up.

Post by opencircut74 »

Hello, Opencircut74 here and I recently put 14.22 onto a USB that I can play on different computers. While I was configuring a green science pack system, I noticed that my mining drills looked slow and laggy. I clicked on my power line, and only 4 of my steam engines showed up, giving me 1.6MW instead of 2. something. I closed out of the game and rebooted, only to find that I had the same issue. To attempt to solve this problem, I removed all of my engines and placed them down again in the same spots. They still showed that I was getting 1.6MW. I have some mods installed, because I beat the game on normal mode long ago. I will attach a list of the mods, a picture of my electric network, a save of my game, and a picture of my setup. I have never gotten this problem before, and it happens every time I try to replicate it. Thank you!
Attachments
Modular Factory.zip
(4.2 MiB) Downloaded 67 times
setup.PNG
setup.PNG (2.06 MiB) Viewed 1591 times
The red circle is when the 4 steam engines cut out in the electric network, but kept running on the screen.
The red circle is when the 4 steam engines cut out in the electric network, but kept running on the screen.
ElecNetstats.PNG (890.21 KiB) Viewed 1591 times
mods.PNG
mods.PNG (15.61 KiB) Viewed 1591 times
Master of using up all of my resources on accumulators and batteries.

Permittivity
Inserter
Inserter

Re: {14.22} 8 Steam Engines Running, 4 Show Up.

Post by Permittivity »

Maybe it's just because it's dark in that picture, but I'm not seeing any power pole wires between the poles on the four left boilers and the four to the right. Even though the two sides share hot water, you will end up with two separate electrical networks that each have four steam engines.
setup.PNG
setup.PNG (800.31 KiB) Viewed 1583 times

opencircut74
Inserter
Inserter

Post by opencircut74 »

You were right! Thank you, I guess this was not a bug.
Master of using up all of my resources on accumulators and batteries.

Permittivity
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Permittivity »

It really is quite easy accidentally to divide up your power grid when removing poles. The game tries to help by flashing the no power icon on power sources that are disconnected from all consumers, but so long as both halves of your power grid have at least one consumer it won't flash.

My problems normally come once I'm using solar. Even though they are power structures, accumulators count as a consumer and suppress the warning. I've accidentally disconnected parts of my solar farm and then wondered why I was getting widespread brown-outs. I hope the power grid visualization that is coming as part of the map overhaul will make it easier to see when your base has multiple grids.

Return to “Not a bug”