Can't type Ö in chat

Bugs that are actually features.
henke37
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Can't type Ö in chat

Post by henke37 »

As a native Swedish speaker i've tried typing swedish in the chat. It all works fine.

Except that the chat is opened and closed by the Ö key, making it impossible to type that character. Pasting it from another program works.

Is there a way to remap the key? It seems to be missing from the keyboard config dialog.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Can't type Ö in chat

Post by daniel34 »

henke37 wrote:Is there a way to remap the key? It seems to be missing from the keyboard config dialog.
It's the second-to-last key on the right side of the Game tab in the Controls settings, and is named 'Toggle Lua console' (Växla Lua konsol)

See also: [0.13.0] Having umlaut bound "open chat" key will close chat [Not a bug]

EDIT: I moved this one to 'Not a bug' before but the bug here is that naming the key 'Toggle lua console' is wrong. While it is technically correct most people are looking for a 'Chat key' instead. The key should be renamed to 'Open Console/Chat' (german Konsole/Chat öffnen, swedish Öppna konsol/chatt, czech Otevřít Konzola/Chat). Remove the Lua part and add the Chat part.
We've seen this bug report a few times already (see the thread linked above and 29228).
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Can't type Ö in chat

Post by Rseding91 »

daniel34 wrote:
henke37 wrote:Is there a way to remap the key? It seems to be missing from the keyboard config dialog.
It's the second-to-last key on the right side of the Game tab in the Controls settings, and is named 'Toggle Lua console' (Växla Lua konsol)

See also: [0.13.0] Having umlaut bound "open chat" key will close chat [Not a bug]

EDIT: I moved this one to 'Not a bug' before but the bug here is that naming the key 'Toggle lua console' is wrong. While it is technically correct most people are looking for a 'Chat key' instead. The key should be renamed to 'Open Console/Chat' (german Konsole/Chat öffnen, swedish Öppna konsol/chatt, czech Otevřít Konzola/Chat). Remove the Lua part and add the Chat part.
We've seen this bug report a few times already (see the thread linked above and 29228).
The name is just a translation/locale thing which is done through the translation website :)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”