rocket power usage

Bugs that are actually features.
Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

rocket power usage

Post by Philip017 »

i have been playing sometime and have noticed a few things about the rocket's power usage statement i find inconsistent,
when you hover your mouse over the rocket, and the actual usage when reported at the power pole.

when inactive (not enough supplies) it uses the stated 8.3kw

when i hover my mouse over the rocket (no modules) it states usage 4MW, at the power pole when active uses about 200kw

when i install 4x T3 productivity modules (everyone should) it states 16.7MW, at the power pole when active shows usage of 1MW.

what am i missing? is this a bug or gui usage report error?

i have noticed this since i started playing in v0.13 and is still present in v0.14.14

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: rocket power usage

Post by Loewchen »

Please post a screenshot of the power GUI with the information you assume is incorrect.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Not a bug.

The rocket silo has three different power states (most entities only have two):
  • 8.3 kW - Power drain while idle
  • 250 kW - Power usage while crafting a rocket part
  • 4 MW - Power usage while deploying the rocket and while launching it
Most of the time you'll be idle or crafting, but the GUI does list the energy consumption as 4.0 MW because that is its maximum energy consumption.
Adding 4x T3 productivity modules will quadruple the power usage, that's why it uses 1 MW during crafting (4x 250 kW).
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

thank you for clarifying this, and i have verified your statements, and it does use 16.7MW when i launch the rocket, although for only about 6 seconds.

it is a bit confusing to have 3 power states on this entity - most fabricators only perform max or idle and this is why i find the ui power usage a bit confusing.

Return to “Not a bug”