[0.14.3]Huge lag resulting in no control during attack

Bugs that are actually features.
CureSafaia
Inserter
Inserter

[0.14.3]Huge lag resulting in no control during attack

Post by CureSafaia »

Hello,

In multiplayer with a friend, when one of us attack a big alien base or when we get our factory attacked by a big alien squad, the game lags so hard for my friend, the ticks are delayed for him and he loses control of the game completely, even autosave is delayed, he sometimes gets disconnected with the "got disconnected because his computer wasn't fast enough..." bs.
I have no lag at all in my end.
This happens harder as we expand our factory.

We both got decent and almost identical computers that never had any trouble with previous major versions of the game (AMD Quad-core processors with 8 GB RAM).

I attached the save file in case.

By the way, is there a way to revert back to 0.13 branch without losing achievements and our save ? I think it should be possible as the 0.14 doesn't add major gameplay changes but I don't think it is implemented.
Attachments
_autosave3.zip
(41.54 MiB) Downloaded 82 times
This game is awesome

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.14.3]Huge lag resulting in no control during attack

Post by Rseding91 »

Please post the log file from both of your computers. As for "it didn't happen in 0.13" -> you had a different save file in 0.13 with less built so it's entirely possible that his computer now simply can't keep up with the game.

Have him press F4 and enable the debug times to see how much time it's taking his computer to run the game. Post a screenshot of that as well.

Also no: you can't load saves from new versions of the game in older versions of the game.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

The latency hiding is disabled in fight, as it would do more confusion than help.

Tmin10
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tmin10 »

I have the same bugs on big maps too. I have not good computer (Core 2 Quad & 4 GB RAM) and after autosave is ranning I have a 30 seconds freeze when game doesn't response to keyboard. With this freezes I can't hunt with my friends...

Return to “Not a bug”