[0.13.4] Installation Error (RESOLVED)

Bugs that are actually features.
PUNISHER989
Inserter
Inserter

[0.13.4] Installation Error (RESOLVED)

Post by PUNISHER989 »

Alright i got this Error after trying to install the [0.13.4] update manually. I downloaded it to make sure it wasn't a corrupt download.

I'm running Windows 10.

Will troubleshoot further.
Last edited by PUNISHER989 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.13.4] Installation Error

Post by Loewchen »

PUNISHER989 wrote:Alright i got this Error after trying to install the [0.13.4] update manually.
Please elaborate, what did you do, step by step.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

The ShellExecuteEx failed; code 8235 error occurs when the UAC settings in Windows 10 are too strict to allow applications to run under certain circumstances, probably because you are/were in a domain where the policies are set by the domain controller (which would match the Windows 10 Enterprise you are using).

This shouldn't only affect Factorio, other applications should be affected as well.

You can disable UAC (not recommended) or try the following:
  • Run "secpol.msc" -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options
  • Disable "User Account Control: Only elevate executables that are signed and validated" option
  • Disable "User Account Control: Only elevate UIAccess applications that are in secure locations" option
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

PUNISHER989
Inserter
Inserter

Post by PUNISHER989 »

daniel34 wrote:The ShellExecuteEx failed; code 8235 error occurs when the UAC settings in Windows 10 are too strict to allow applications to run under certain circumstances, probably because you are/were in a domain where the policies are set by the domain controller (which would match the Windows 10 Enterprise you are using).

This shouldn't only affect Factorio, other applications should be affected as well.

You can disable UAC (not recommended) or try the following:
  • Run "secpol.msc" -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options
  • Disable "User Account Control: Only elevate executables that are signed and validated" option
  • Disable "User Account Control: Only elevate UIAccess applications that are in secure locations" option
Hey, yea sorry I forgot to get back to this, it is not a factorio Issue what so ever, i was tweaking the security options for testing for a policy enforcement at the IT company I work for and forgot to roll them back

But yes Daniel, you were right, you have to disable the following two local polices in security to fix the above pop ups.

Thanks alot tho, you guys are great in your response time and support.

Return to “Not a bug”