Train Recalculates Path in Roundabout Causing a Jam.

Bugs that are actually features.
Rokani
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Train Recalculates Path in Roundabout Causing a Jam.

Post by Rokani »

Save is included. https://www.dropbox.com/s/zusdjhzxgma8y ... f.zip?dl=0

The Iron train will come down from the north and try to go south. While in the loop it decides it wants to to west instead effectively deadlocking itself.
This is repeatable, every 20 or so mins a train will deadlock itself doing this.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Train Recalculates Path in Roundabout Causing a Jam.

Post by Neemys »

The train is not deadlock, he just stopped to let 4-5 train pass. Weird but surely the loading is in cause. And he does go south. I have let 1 hour pass ingame (with speed) and no deadlock nor strange behavior. If you do have deadlock it might be mods related (I load with vanilla factorio).
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Rokani
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rokani »

Odd, I thought it might have been a mod related bug so I tested it without mods, and it still locks for me.

Edit: Actually now that I just left it alone on 60x and waited for it it does eventually end up moving on with its original path. Though it shouldn't be stopping in the middle of chain signals like that in the first place.
And have a 2 min movie https://www.dropbox.com/s/macjvhuywdbbn ... n.mp4?dl=0

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

I haven't check other roundabout and the one we are after saving don't have other waiting weirdness beside the one when we load, but I see that it is not deadlock, but just waiting for other train to pass. Might be related to high traffic on your roundabout. I don't have that much traffic on mine and don't use roundabout anywhere beside near main station. Maybe someone else can give an explanation for this behavior.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Dont put signals on the roundabout itself, just on the entries/exits. And another tip is make your signal blocks at least as big as your biggest train is, so one can always fit into a signal block.

Return to “Not a bug”