[0.12.33; mod API] Disconnected Inventories lose item state

Bugs that are actually features.
AenAllAin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.12.33; mod API] Disconnected Inventories lose item state

Post by AenAllAin »

I don't know if this would be considered a bug or just flagrant abuse of the system. To sum up...
A. I create a dummy player entity:

Code: Select all

local s_bpr = game.get_surface("blueprinter") -- after creating the other surface of course
    player.force.chart(s_bpr, {{-40,-40}, {40,40}}) -- chart the new surface to try and get the next line to work
    local l_pos = s_bpr.find_non_colliding_position("player", {0,0}, 40, 1) or {player.index,player.index} -- ...nevermind, this POS has never worked; just use a default pos
    local p_bpr = s_bpr.create_entity({name="player", position=l_pos, force=player.force})
    global.blueprinter.inventory[player.index] = p_bpr -- using player.index because player.name is not consistent between the events
B. I insert a completed/setup blueprint into the dummy players inventory:

local l_inventory = global.blueprinter.inventory[ l_player.index ].get_inventory( defines.inventory.player_main )
        local s_stack = l_player.cursor_stack
        if s_stack and s_stack.valid_for_read then
            if s_stack.type == "blueprint" and s_stack.is_blueprint_setup() then
                -- Insert
                l_inventory.insert(s_stack)
                s_stack.clear()
C. I take the blueprint back out of the inventory:

local l_inventory = global.blueprinter.inventory[ l_player.index ].get_inventory( defines.inventory.player_main ) -- same code from above
            -- Get target-element table index
            local l_si = nil
            for xi, xv in ipairs(e_registry.children_names) do
                if e_schematic.name == xv then -- ...is there a better way to get the GUI elements child index, other than matching?
                    l_si = xi
                end
            end

-- GUI selection toggle; i.e. if already selected
            if l_si == global.blueprinter.selected then
                global.blueprinter.selected = nil
                if l_inventory[l_si] and l_inventory[l_si].valid_for_read then
                    -- set to the players cursor_stack
                    s_stack.set_stack(l_inventory[l_si]) -- ...am I misreading it, or does this actually work opposite from the way the documentation describes?
                end
D. TADA! Your blueprint is now blank! ...you are so welcome.

Ok, I know everyone is probably going to focus on the part about creating zombie players on other worlds and storing stuff in their inventories ...but, I'm ok with that; I just need to know why my blueprints are getting washed. Every other item I've tried seems to go in and come out just fine; it's just the blueprints getting corpsified.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.33; mod API] Disconnected Inventories lose item state

Post by Rseding91 »

That doesn't make an exact copy of the stack, that just inserts a new empty blueprint into the inventory as if you did "insert({name="belueprint", count=1})"

What you want is: http://lua-api.factorio.com/0.12.33/Lua ... #set_stack which will clone the source into the destination.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

AenAllAin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AenAllAin »

Rseding91 wrote:

That doesn't make an exact copy of the stack, that just inserts a new empty blueprint into the inventory as if you did "insert({name="belueprint", count=1})"

What you want is: http://lua-api.factorio.com/0.12.33/Lua ... #set_stack which will clone the source into the destination.
Ah! Thank you sir. But, how does one get an insert-able stack from the inventory to call upon? iterate through the inventory with the '[]' operator calling 'can_insert' until you find one? ...not that, that is a bad idea; I just didn't think that was how the Player Inventory seemed to work (containers, yes; but not inventories).

AenAllAin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AenAllAin »

Alright, I got it all working. Thanks for the help. Hopefully, my approach is correct. Here is the working version of the code just for future reference:

local l_inventory = global.blueprinter.inventory[ l_player.index ].get_inventory( defines.inventory.player_main )
        local s_stack = l_player.cursor_stack
        if s_stack and s_stack.valid_for_read then
            if s_stack.type == "blueprint" and s_stack.is_blueprint_setup() then

-- Insert Blueprint
                for xi =1, #l_inventory do
                    if l_inventory[xi].can_set_stack(s_stack) and not l_inventory[xi].valid_for_read then
                        l_inventory[xi].set_stack(s_stack)
                        s_stack.clear()
                        break
                    end
                end

end
        else
...GUI stuff...

Return to “Not a bug”