[0.12.26] huge problems, owners energy in MP (PVP)

Bugs that are actually features.
terradus
Inserter
Inserter

[0.12.26] huge problems, owners energy in MP (PVP)

Post by terradus »

A huge problem is the fact that the opponent is able to connect to your electrical network!

This allows:
1) To steal energy.
2) arrange congestion in the network.
3) To attack your base, your own energy. (Laser turrets)
4) Influence of energy statistics.

I believe that these methods - at the level of cheating! The strength of their catastrophic consequences! Methods Resistance -> useless!

Infiltrating the enemy base, I set the laser turret, won!
Unable to penetrate the base -> connected to its energy network, reboot it and attacked starving lasers - with impunity!

It is at the level of cheating! I believe that this is not the place to factorio!

(Translated by Google)
2,752 hours in factorio.

Krayt
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.12.26] huge problems, owners energy in MP (PVP)

Post by Krayt »

You have to consider that Factorio is up to this point not build to have PvP in mind.
I think there PvP mods or are you already using them.

terradus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by terradus »

Krayt wrote:You have to consider that Factorio is up to this point not build to have PvP in mind.
I think there PvP mods or are you already using them.
We have played a team in PvP.

To create a command and transfer of players, there are console commands:
/c game.create_force('teamname')
/c game.get_player('playername').force=game.forces['teamname']

Even if the game is not ready for this, I have the right to point out the flaw in the balance sheet, to shed light on the potential future problem.
I have great respect for the developers of this game. And I am sure that they and everyone knows it. But I want to speed up the fix - because our friends - really want to play as soon as possible - in the correct energy private session.
2,752 hours in factorio.

havikryan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by havikryan »

it's not a flaw, this is a co-op game, not a pvp game therefore it makes sense you can connect to the electricity networks of others, sure you have the right to complain but that doesn't mean it will get changed as pvp as of now has no place in this game

Hexicube
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hexicube »

havikryan wrote:it's not a flaw, this is a co-op game, not a pvp game therefore it makes sense you can connect to the electricity networks of others, sure you have the right to complain but that doesn't mean it will get changed as pvp as of now has no place in this game
It's a perfectly valid issue report, a placed power pole should not connect to a pole from another faction if that faction does not have a cease-fire with your own faction.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] : moved the topic to bug reports : the purpose of having different forces is kind of defeated by the fact that the aforementionned forces can't prevent the mixing of their respective electric networks.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

jarcionek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by jarcionek »

Isn't it really logical? If you attack foreign country and they have the same width of rails, you just use their rails. If you find the electric network and connect to it, you are stealing enemy's electricity until they disconnect you.

If we want to make it not possible to join electric networks of two different teams then what about rails? What about conveyor belts? How would a conveyor belt belonging to team A know that it is transporting ammo clip to turret of team B?

I would say it is not a bug. You just have to protect your electric network. Maybe later with power switch it will be possible to create some sort of defense mechanisms.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

The easiest fix is to mark electric poles as hostile. (As a bonus, this makes biters attack them! :twisted: )

Hakusho
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hakusho »

I mean... draining/stealing the enemies energy might also be a war tactic on it's own...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

This is not a bug, we intentionally left the electric network to be force less, this means that you can steal it if you manage to.

I can imagine that it might be far from balanced, but as the pvp is just provided by mods and and I never personally played PvP, you can't really expect it to be balanced. It is not officially supported yet.

We might play with PvP to make it balanced, faster etc. but it would require a lot of work, and it would be seprate update.

Anyway, not a bug.

Return to “Not a bug”