[12.10] Bots not repairing

Bugs that are actually features.
British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[12.10] Bots not repairing

Post by British_Petroleum »

Hi,

Say you have 2 roboports connected on the same network, with construction bots in one roboport, and repair packs in the other, and something within the construction area gets damaged, then the bots won't go to the other port to get reapir packs in order to make repair, they just do nothing. Save attached.

I'm surpised nobody else has reported this!
Attachments
Bug1.zip
(1006.75 KiB) Downloaded 169 times

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [12.10] Bots not repairing

Post by Kane »

I think this is a limitation but should be a bug. I don't remember maybe it was not quite like this but people use to tell me to store repair kits in chests not the bot ports because of something similar.

Maybe it's a easy fix now.

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

I'm sure that in older versions (11.x) this wasn't a problem. I recently came back after not playing for several months. Bots would fetch repair packs from other ports to repair things, but they don't do that anymore.

darksparks
Inserter
Inserter

Post by darksparks »

This is definitely a bug.. is a temporary workaround putting them in passive provider chests like Kane mentioned or is wide area repair network just completely broken? =P
If they are broken then devs will probably fix..

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

What will happen if you put repair packs in the chest?

silenced
Inserter
Inserter

Post by silenced »

DRBLN wrote:What will happen if you put repair packs in the chest?

Then the bots will pick them up and go repairing and taking them with them to the next Roboport they rest in. Not having a passive provider or storage chest with repair packs is against the nature of robots anyways, because of: who fills roboports manually?

darksparks
Inserter
Inserter

Post by darksparks »

silenced wrote:
DRBLN wrote:What will happen if you put repair packs in the chest?
Not having a passive provider or storage chest with repair packs is against the nature of robots anyways, because of: who fills robo-ports manually?
many people had a requester chest feeding the robo-port or an assembler.. it was once a thing.. perhaps this is only a bug because now it no-longer works and the change was sudden.. its still hard to think of the local only repairs as a feature but the change has a solution that is as cheap as a chest.. feeding the robo-port was once doable and worked.. it felt like a natural option as it had repair pack slots..

Return to “Not a bug”